Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech question about JDM wheels. Gurus help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech question about JDM wheels. Gurus help.

Okay so here's the scoop. My lug pattern is 5x110. So any nice JDM wheel wont go on without adapters. Not a problem! I can run your standard 19x8.5,9.5 +40 ish wheel set without an issue using your standard 25mm adapters. But here's where the problem comes in. I have extended studs on the car. SO, the extended studs poke out of the adapter thus meaning only certain wheels can lay flat on top of the adapter. I need some clean wheel recommendations that will work for me. I have my eye on a set of AME shallen WX but I'm not sure if they are shaped like this in back....

heres a pic of what I need my wheel to look like in back. Notice the little pockets? They will allow the extended studs to rest in there and the wheel will sit flat.

sigpic
    Instagram: @_the_jare_bear

You could trim the extended studs to the right length, they aren't supposed to poke through...

Comment

Replace the extended lugs back for factory lugs and trim if necessary.
      Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
      Quitters never stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
        You could trim the extended studs to the right length, they aren't supposed to poke through...
        Originally posted by jacbo View Post
        Replace the extended lugs back for factory lugs and trim if necessary.
        Thanks guys. I was going to try to avoid that, bc I didnt want to have issues getting lugs on and off of them, but I guess it's feasible.
        sigpic
        Instagram: @_the_jare_bear

Comment

My first thought "dude just cut them down a bit"
          I was correct...

Comment

put a thread chaser with the correct thread pitch onto the extended stud. measure how much needs to come off and cut with cut off wheel. twist off the thread chaser to clean the threads up at the end. profit?

or just go back to regular friggin studs lol

Comment

Working...
            X