Thread: Tech question about JDM wheels. Gurus help.

Default Tech question about JDM wheels. Gurus help.

Okay so here's the scoop. My lug pattern is 5x110. So any nice JDM wheel wont go on without adapters. Not a problem! I can run your standard 19x8.5,9.5 +40 ish wheel set without an issue using your standard 25mm adapters. But here's where the problem comes in. I have extended studs on the car. SO, the extended studs poke out of the adapter thus meaning only certain wheels can lay flat on top of the adapter. I need some clean wheel recommendations that will work for me. I have my eye on a set of AME shallen WX but I'm not sure if they are shaped like this in back....

heres a pic of what I need my wheel to look like in back. Notice the little pockets? They will allow the extended studs to rest in there and the wheel will sit flat.

Instagram: @_the_jare_bear

You could trim the extended studs to the right length, they aren't supposed to poke through...

Replace the extended lugs back for factory lugs and trim if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
    Quitters never stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    You could trim the extended studs to the right length, they aren't supposed to poke through...
    Quote Originally Posted by jacbo View Post
    Replace the extended lugs back for factory lugs and trim if necessary.
    Thanks guys. I was going to try to avoid that, bc I didnt want to have issues getting lugs on and off of them, but I guess it's feasible.

Instagram: @_the_jare_bear

My first thought "dude just cut them down a bit"
    I was correct...

put a thread chaser with the correct thread pitch onto the extended stud. measure how much needs to come off and cut with cut off wheel. twist off the thread chaser to clean the threads up at the end. profit?

or just go back to regular friggin studs lol

Last edited by lyricsmint; 10-28-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Quantity how a lot desires to come back off and cut with reduce off wheel. Spiral off the line reminder to easy the threads up on the give up. Essay Writing Services UK

Mini militia is the best android mobile game I have every played I just loved it and if you too want to play this game then you just have to visit the given website and dowload the apk file of game. Then you can install it on your smartphone that’s it guys. mini militia for pc