BMW Style 19 Metal Center Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Style 19 Metal Center Cap

I just bought a set of refurbished BMW Style 19, but disappointed with the plastic center cap.

Same as this one http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36159

Are there metal center cap for BMW Style 19 available ? either from BBS or BMW

ever any answer to this?

Comment

well i made this to my style 5

same thing can be done to these wheels

Comment

Without any changes to the wheel, this is the option you'll need. They are sold in machined, polished, triple chromed or 24k gold plated
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
          http://spinfab.bigcartel.com/product...19-hex-sleeves

Without any changes to the wheel, this is the option you'll need. They are sold in machined, polished, triple chromed or 24k gold plated

I know of those, what I was wondering if they made the plastic cap that covers the lugs, in a metal version.

Comment

nope, and unfortunately there isn't enough of a market to produce the waffle plate area in aluminum.

the time spent in development of a part that has a complex shape like that wont turn a profit unless produced at a large scale. which there isn't enough style19 owners, never mind owners willing to spend the cash on it

we did one in which we machined the top of the face and machined a flat waffle plate but there was a lot of work in those faces and a one off in the end. we could do it again, the end product in this picture consisted of the following
            spinfab threaded centerbore sleeves, machined and welded into the face
            (4)flat waffle plates billet water jet cut to size
            (4)spinfab half height billet hex caps
            (4)bbs logos 3 prong 70mm

shown there with 12pt hex caps
            Last edited by 1badg35; 12-21-2015, 09:01 AM.
            sigpic
            1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
            1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
              nope, and unfortunately there isn't enough of a market to produce the waffle plate area in aluminum.

the time spent in development of a part that has a complex shape like that wont turn a profit unless produced at a large scale. which there isn't enough style19 owners, never mind owners willing to spend the cash on it

we did one in which we machined the top of the face and machined a flat waffle plate but there was a lot of work in those faces and a one off in the end. we could do it again, the end product in this picture consisted of the following
              spinfab threaded centerbore sleeves, machined and welded into the face
              (4)flat waffle plates billet water jet cut to size
              (4)spinfab half height billet hex caps
              (4)bbs logos 3 prong 70mm

shown there with 12pt hex caps
              i orderd hex caps from spinfab a few days ago. was hoping there would be a metal piece that someone made. looks like ill have to suck it up and have them painted the old fashion way.

Comment

Working...
              X