Clear All

this is beautiful
    4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Quick one..
      Comparison

Previous owners rust fix:

Mine:

I also shut out the stock 'emergency' jack hole cause i'm not going to be using that anyways.. The paint on there is rust prevention acid..
      Last edited by Exami; 11-28-2013, 02:49 PM.
      Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
      Now: MB W211 320cdi
      Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

Yet again, time for news
        So modifications to chassis is underway, rear subframe is @ paint, some rear subframe bushings have been ordered from Hedgehog Motorsport.

So what could i do for speed up things? well continue stripping the car? well its good to have nothing in car when doing rollcage.. so.

Of course all the wiring and vacuum lines stored 'well'? yeah!

For that been done, i started making some bushings of my own.. so i went and bought 1meter of POM C[Polyacetal?] anyway harsh plastic thingy? so made one just to get you the photos, rest is underway..
        "Raw busings"

"Finished"

"Pressed on to part"

"Sleeve fitted" "ready for fitting"

Thats for now.. i got my hands full with this one. spending around 4 to 6 hours /day @ garage .. hope i get to the "good stuff" before some sort of burnout!

Comment

You're at the perfect time to shave the door handles, weld shut the rear doors and make it a coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by MGW View Post
            You're at the perfect time to shave the door handles, weld shut the rear doors and make it a coupe.
            Actually there was jokes about that.. but im sorry sir, im going to have working rear seats etc. i like more the sedans than coupes and 4 doors means i can get some stuff with me also

Comment

Pipe Mania!
              If you are old as me ? and nerdy as me you know where that comes from but here is my puzzle!

That is all for this update.

Comment

YAY! Gearbox arrived, had to test will it fit..

Comment

Quiet times
                  Its been long week.. like most of my weeks for past couple months and there is not going to be easyones ahead..

So finally i got the fitting gearbox(for most part) now it was time to squeeze that badboy in the enginebay with engine!

Yet it is not on right spot as there is 'small'ISH issue with the gearbox fitting in the chassis..

But its nothing that hacksaw and welder cannot fix..

On the way there is some ready parts..

All the rear control arms + bushings etc. there is quite alot of parts on these W201 mercs..

And these are ready for paint.

Front & rear wheel hubs..

Also picked up rear subframe from paint..

Comment

Crazy project, can't wait to see it done
                    IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

Originally posted by Dome View Post
                      Crazy project, can't wait to see it done
                      Thank you, but this might take a while ...

On other hands those who read this tread do you have any idea how "straight" you can mount M50 engine without having any issues, i know the default Angle for this engine is 30degrees for the exhaust side.. but the gearbox that is from 330d E46 sits pretty much straight when engine is about 20degrees.. this mounting position would give me HUGE room for exhaust.. but on otherhand the Oil flow in M50 engine might not like this?

So if anyof you have dealth with similar issues i'm happy to hear from you! Nothing is yet welded so yet im making plan and looking for answers about the angle.. Propably im still trying to make it near the original angle maybe 25degree so gearbox wouldn't be on that much of an angle.. etc.

Comment

Holy shit this is amazing, you finnish are wizards. About the angle, if you mount the oilpan, check if the bottom is leveled. I'm no expert I just did some googling.

Comment

Originally posted by axelillo_PR View Post
                          Holy shit this is amazing, you finnish are wizards. About the angle, if you mount the oilpan, check if the bottom is leveled. I'm no expert I just did some googling.
                          I know the oilpan bottom is about the 30degrees, but in my point the gearbox will then be tilted 10degrees to right compared how its fitted 'normally' im pretty sure the oilpan is not the issue, i think for most part the issue for fitting the engine too straight would be the breather and oilreturn from head back to sump..

Comment

Back to pipes
                            I didn't yet told you about how the welding went.. but heres some photos about the result..

I had to make sure seats fit so door pipes fitted:

Also similar design on passenger side.

Testing some interior pieces.

And dash fitting:

Comment

Sick work so far, and I love 190's, deff subbed!
                              Originally posted by JC.
                              'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

So i bought set of parts including: New brake shields front + rear, New wheel bearings front + rear, New brake mastercylinder. That is from W124 300-24V? or something like that but one without ABS and with Bigger brakes as the once i have in stock leftover from the other build

Also i got my self a 2nd Sparco seat!

Also hopefully i get new roof this week so i can get rid of the sunroof!

Oh almost forgot i bought new engine management unit that can handle all i need! (direct ignition + sequential injection + datalog + antilag "youname it")

Comment

Working...
                                X