No announcement yet.

mk3 gti and an e21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss you babe. I need to make my way back to Cali soon.
    I did not know the E21 went down.

Premiere Autosports /Instagram - Kole_Grove86
    [

Comment

Originally posted by GTIKole. View Post
      Miss you babe. I need to make my way back to Cali soon.

I did not know the E21 went down.

😍 haha yeah. The e21 keeps breaking takin away from my coil over and wheel funds.

Comment

Well then tell it to stop being an old jerk so you can give it low and wide love.

Premiere Autosports /Instagram - Kole_Grove86
        [

Comment

I bought an e30 m10 with the harness ecu and all sensors to swap from my CIS k-jet system to e30 EFI L-jet system, then later on I want to swap to LH jet and go turbo.

I was really luck at the pick n pull and an e30 with an m10 showed up 3 days before and was not touched yet. Still complete. Im hoping it was in the junkyard due to auto trans problems. I will open up the motor soon and check/ refresh it

Are the auto trans a known weak link? I sure hope so cuz that means more likely the m10 I bought is fine and the auto trans is why the e30 went to the junk yard. Either way its getting opened up and new gaskets and seals and clutch.

Comment

got the old motor out today

Comment

Spent some time degreasing my bay today

Comment

We did work the other day. Pretty much did tear down, cleaning, degreasing, paint, and rebuilt the e30 m10 with all the seals and timing components today

Comment

me just messing around with my fittis. I would never put 16s on the e21. i like 13s. maybe 14s.

Comment

Someone posted up an E21 on 13" SSR Mk3s a while back. Absolutely go 13".
                    Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                    You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by floatingdino View Post
                      Someone posted up an E21 on 13" SSR Mk3s a while back. Absolutely go 13".
                      oh you mean this one? this car is my motivation. I just hope to be a bit lower.

i think this guy is on 13s as well. could use more low, but i dig the wide 13s

Comment

Hey man, I own the white e21 you posted above on ssr's.
                        Seems higher in photos than reality haha, you'd have to do some fairly serious subframe mods to drop the car any further, the LCA's would rest on the subframe otherwise! Here's a side profile pic

Comment

the new motor as i was stripping it down and cleaning it

the fresh motor when it was going in

The bmw now runs. all "modern" with that swap from a '84 e30 haha. EFI and AFM working and got rid of the bosch CIS. some dude drove out from reno to buy my old CIS parts. he was pumped.

[vimeo]120310181[/vimeo]

Comment

The stupid e21 is quite challenging hhaha. The car cuts power off idle sporadically and it is annoying. I opened up the AFM and cleaned the resistor contacts. I now have the specs to measure out the resistors so I might go back in since the car still has drivability issues.

And I had spare parts from the e30, so I swapped the coil, cap, wires, ignition control module, and gapped the plugs

I had previously extended the wires to the ignition control module, but they were bothering me, so I cut out the extension and soldered the wires short again and shrink wrapped it.
                            Still drives the same oh and i checked the fuel pressure regulator.

Comment

and i finally figured out the issues with the e21 so i can drive it hooray!

and this stupid thing spun a bearing. All i did was start the car and i noticed a loud clunk, then i saw my low oil pressure light. I thought it might be valve train tick at first so i let it warm up, but as I raised the rpm up to 1k it got really loud. Valve train tick wouldn't cause a low oil pressure light, and valve train noise is at twice engine rpm compared to rod knock.

This car is cursed.

Luckily con rod bearings are like $40 and my friend can get me a new OEM bmw oil pump for $55.

If much more breaks soon after this i dont know if i can take it.

well I have ordered the stuff to hopefully fix my loss of oil pressure. I will inspect the bearings next week and hope the damage is minimal and slide in some new bearings and a newer pump. All this darn maintenance could have been cool wheels and coil overs darn it. Thats all I really care about. I am putting back in my lower mileage (175xxx) e30 pump compared to my e21 pump (330xxx) miles.

Comment

since the car is dead it has been parked on a hill. I had to move it for street cleaning. It became very heavy so i pushed it up the hill with the gti and messed up both cars bumpers -___- . I should have let it sit and paid a $60 street cleaning ticket instead of causing a couple hundred in damage to my cars :/

I finally got all the stuff to fix the e21s oil pressure. And some stuff to fix the shifter slop and vacuum leaks. ��

after doing a bit of research i guess its common for the oil pressure relief valve (in yellow) to get stuck open and cause a loss of oil pressure when its stuck. I think this is what happened to my car because the other day I started it and it had oil pressure. This means the knock was just a loss of pressure and not a spun bearing. Either way I have new bearings to slide in and the lower mileage pump. 170xxx miles versus my e21 pump with 330xxx miles

so I worked on the BMW yesterday

took out the old oil e21 pump

put back in my lower mileage e30 pump

put on a newer gear with fresh teeth, plenty of loctite, and a shim for the chain

my rod bearings were definitely toast. The main bearings and crank were all fine.

slapped in the new bearings and a good pump and no more oil light. hooray.

Comment

Working...
                                X