No announcement yet.

1990 UK Vauxhall Nova SR20DET Space Framed Trackcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks like it'll be so much fun to drive once it's finished. Can't wait to see the end result!
    I can resist anything... Except temptation.
    © Invalid Username ___ StanceWorks

Comment

• Hopefully!!

Comment

• With the seats that close together it reminds me of the Top Gear episode where they drive the Lancia Stratos. "I'm going to change gears now, this will involve man touching."

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

• any news on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyass View Post
            any news on this?
            Unfortunately not a great deal! Works been super busy and weekends I'm just struggling to carve out the time. I have spent "some" time on it however trying to do away with the tie bar mourning brackets with something integral to the chassis, I just haven't quite finalised how I'm going to do it yet!

I also got distracted with some new wheels for the M3 and playing with fitment...

I will have some downtime (hopefully) mid december running up to xmas as work goes quiet, so hopefully I can get a lot done! I miss doing the fab work and I've gotten rusty!
            Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Long over due an update!

Been working on & off on a solution for the front tie bar supports. They currently sit like so...

I wanted a tidier solution that is also permanent but separate from the anti-roll bar set up. So I came up with this. Needs some finishing/tidying up but I will do that once the cars on the spit.

I need to add in some more vertical strength which I'm still thinking on as to how exactly I want to do it, got a few ideas but want to mull it over. Feel free to pitch in!

I then removed the front subframe today so I have better access for working on the turrets and sheeting the bay...

I've also been messing around with the M3 the last few weeks and getting the fitment dialled in on its new boots - finally got it where I wanted to do and I'm happy

Thanks for looking.
              Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• this thing is badass.

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

Comment

• So started work on the rear turrets today. Had a friend lathe me up some thick steel top plates of which I then lined up and tacked in place...

Then the skirts got welded on...

I then made a start on the top supporting plate but then had to go.

I will finish welding it all the way round once the shell is off as it will be much easier.

Once these are complete I can drop the rear subframe, remove the body then get the frame on the spit
                  Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• No progress over the xmas break unfortunately due to spending plenty of time with loved ones but I did some welding therapy this afternoon on the front strut tops. They just need finishing up on the inside now.

Pleased with the few hours progress

Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• You sir, are doing some incredible work! Also, that e46 is gorgeous!!!
                      [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                      [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                      Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

• just wow this is going to be so awesome, cant wait to see how it turns out.
                        95 ucf20. static, flatbelly, 18x11 18x12.5 lots of camber.

be my internet friend on the gram @thisisdalton

Comment

• Holy crap! This is super cool. Looks like amazing fab work so far! Keep up the great work. In for this one
                          1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                          1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Cheers guys

Comment

• What trunk is on that e46? Dynamics csl?

Beautiful work on your project as well man!
                              Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Genuine csl

Comment

Working...
                                X