No announcement yet.

1990 UK Vauxhall Nova SR20DET Space Framed Trackcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been cracking on with the turret tops the last couple of evenings.

Finished off cutting the centre 86mm holes with my new bit then tested them for fitment...

The holes all lined up so then I trimmed them into circles...

Then added skirts...

And two tacked up turret tops...

They now need welding all the way round and cleaning up but ran out of time tonight. Also to be honest I'm not 100% happy with them as they're not perfect circles. Thinking of remaking them but we'll see!

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Even if they do work, you will always think about it. I would do it again, circle being perfect, cause I would always think about it, and it would bother me. Psycho, I know but, Oh well

Keep it up

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

You are completely correct and I will be remaking them

Comment

where did the s14 go?

Comment

Originally posted by nismo sentra View Post
            where did the s14 go?
            How do you mean? The donor shell? I still have it completely intact.

Comment

This project is awesome. Subbed.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Lol thanks mate! Hopefully some decent progress will be made over the next 6 wks.

Comment

This is pretty damn cool. Looking forward to updates

Instragram: @lukeybabes

Comment

Originally posted by LukeyBabes View Post
                    This is pretty damn cool. Looking forward to updates
                    thank you

Comment

Nova coupes/Saloons are amazing! his build is really cool.

Good work so far!
                      FINVLBOSS

Comment

While I wait for my new strut tops to be made I've been cracking on with some more tubing. Getting there slowly...

Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Top work fella! Ur one crazy chap haha, i couldnt do this for the life of me even tho id love to try it haha. How did u learn how to work with metal like this mate? did u go to school for it? simply amazing mate!
                          "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
                          Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
                          Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
                          Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
                          Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Comment

Originally posted by willie@stance View Post
                            Top work fella! Ur one crazy chap haha, i couldnt do this for the life of me even tho id love to try it haha. How did u learn how to work with metal like this mate? did u go to school for it? simply amazing mate!

Quite honestly i have no experience! I just bought the nova shell for very little money, few hundred on some tubing and gave it a go! Took my time, done plenty of reading up, consulted lots of people etc. ive deliberately done it without parting with lots of money. All the uprated parts i wont buy until the chassis is built & rolling, just incase my circumstances change and it doesnt get done. I've already got my next project in mibd after this one that is even more adventurous!

Comment

Originally posted by The Simps View Post
                              Quite honestly i have no experience! I just bought the nova shell for very little money, few hundred on some tubing and gave it a go! Took my time, done plenty of reading up, consulted lots of people etc. ive deliberately done it without parting with lots of money. All the uprated parts i wont buy until the chassis is built & rolling, just incase my circumstances change and it doesnt get done. I've already got my next project in mibd after this one that is even more adventurous!
                              Well mate, for a lad with no experience, thats damn impressive and im sure alot of people here would agree! Its like watching a beautiful piece of art being created haha. How long have u been welding? What are u reading? What welder are u using (specs and stuff) And what forums do u be on mate that u have learned so much haha cuz i want in! I really from the bottom of me heart mate, wanna do something like this!
                              "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
                              Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
                              Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
                              Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
                              Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Comment

Just to update this...

While I'm waiting on my new turret tops to be finished, I trimmed down the rear box lengths (which aren't needed but are a reference point for level) so that I can put the rear end into rough position...

Currently got it sat at the height I estimate it to be. Need to get the engine and gearbox in once turret tops are done to then look at shaft angle. Definitely going to need some decent arch flairs! lol

Starting to look a bit more car like...

Oh and this turned up

More updates over the festive break!
                                Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X