No announcement yet.

1990 UK Vauxhall Nova SR20DET Space Framed Trackcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought myself a reciprocating saw which turned up yesterday so I got to work this afternoon. Cut the rest of the bulkhead out I needed to then started on profiling some tube. Firstly the small pieces in each bottom corner...

Followed by some bigger bits!...

I then drilled holes straight through the box section and started tagging it into the bulkhead...

That believe it or not took me around 5hrs! Profiling and checking is sooooo time consuming. But I'm getting there.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Love novas had a couple myself. Are you a member of png

Comment

Not a member anymore but the project is on there.

Comment

Awesome work!
          Volvo Build Thread
          Bmw Build Thread
          Toyota Build Thread
          zanebonk instagram
          Tumblrrrr

Comment

Cannot wait to see it done my last one was in total vauxhall. A couple of years after a sold it tho.

Comment

Thanks Montgomery!

Any pics of your old one Karl? Might know it.

Comment

Comment

Was your username TWAG?

Comment

Nar mate widearch. That might be the lad that bought it

Comment

Ah ok. Looks very clean. lovely colour.

Comment

Yeah c20xe twin webber 45s omp straight though spax coilovers etc been 3 years since a had it. Had the itch ever since ha. Its a bmw colour platinum bronze was available on the e60 5 series

Comment

So spent this afternoon undoing what I did last weekend! Had a long hard think and wasn't happy with the 1st design so have gone with this now...

By doing this it will be easier to make the bulkhead and I will put another horizontal in in the old position too and link it up to it further, following the profile of the a-pillers. And if my guesserments are correct the new horizontal will also be in a good spot for gearbox clearance and the tunnel opening. Obviously still needs the sides of the tunnel.
                          Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Last time I was on PNG you where just working on the RWD xe setup lol i missed a lot by the looks of it.

Comment

lol yeah, I got bored again! ha

Comment

Small update from this afternoons work.

Started by making the 2 diagonals that tie the bulkhead into the chassis rails, mounting just before the subframe mounts...

I then drilled out the top subframe mount holes in order to insert some crush tubes, this will be welded in later...

Next up was to start making my turret tops. Sadly my 86mm hole saw has seen better days so had to stop but plan on sourcing a new one tomorrow! So got all the subframe and jig all mounted up ready to go...

More soon hopefully! Really want the front end done now.
                                Last edited by The Simps; 06-17-2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X