This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zic View Post
    It sure does, tho don't get it wrong. The car ain't mine, it belongs to Stale30.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

dunno guys, im just not a huge fan of the way 18s look on the e30
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
        dunno guys, im just not a huge fan of the way 18s look on the e30
        No one told you to get 18'', Just don't go with 15''.
        16''/17'' are awesome, 18'' can be pulled off.
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
          No one told you to get 18'', Just don't go with 15''.
          16''/17'' are awesome, 18'' can be pulled off.
          lol I'll be staying away from the 15s. dont worry about that

Comment

WTF? 15's aren't too small for e30's. I've run both 15's and 16's and I definitely like how the 15" way better.

But if you go 16's, do 9" et10 and 10" et10. Go lower offset if you want more poke. Oh and 215/40's all around would be the bees knee's.
            ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
            Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
              WTF? 15's aren't too small for e30's. I've run both 15's and 16's and I definitely like how the 15" way better.
              do you have a pic of a nice of 15" wheels that dont look horribly small ?

Average_Jerk, i think type A's are the right choice and they are also WAY cheaper then $3440

Comment

Type As are ok but they are very heavy, and offer almost no brake clearance. I am a big fan of 16"s on e30s as they are potentially light enough to not toss the unsprung weight goal out the window. A good set of 15"s can be pulled off and shave quite a bit of weight as well while being reasonably easy on the wallet.

Erik

Comment

15s and 18s take some work to do up proper, but can look good. 16 is probably the most common size for agressive fitment. In comparison though, 17s really fill the wheel wells, but take some more work to fit and are slightly less common in the "aggressive fitment" world

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    15s and 18s take some work to do up proper, but can look good. 16 is probably the most common size for agressive fitment. In comparison though, 17s really fill the wheel wells, but take some more work to fit and are slightly less common in the "aggressive fitment" world
                    And you'de have to go super, super low to adress the wheel gap word

Comment

Originally posted by 610EURO View Post
                      do you have a pic of a nice of 15" wheels that dont look horribly small ?

Average_Jerk, i think type A's are the right choice and they are also WAY cheaper then $3440
                      my price was gonna be like 2300 i think, but even thats pushing it

Comment

another question if anyone can take a look real quick.

16x9 +25 (front and rear). would i need 20mm spacers to make them work? slamming the car on coilovers this weekend (hopefully)

Comment

with a 9 in the front, anything higher than et12 will hit the strut.

13mm spacer in front. 25mm in rear.

Comment

Originally posted by two240s View Post
                            with a 9 in the front, anything higher than et12 will hit the strut.

13mm spacer in front. 25mm in rear.
                            i know thats what i need for clearance. but as far as wheel/lip/tire/fender fit, does that sound right?

from what ive seen the 25mm spacer on a 16x9 +25 in the read sounds right, but as far as the front, will a 13-15mm spacer flush the wheel?

edit - theres a pic on the first page 15x9 +1. it poke more than i want. so maybe a 13-15mm spacer would be right. that would make the offset +10ish. now that im home from work i can actually think a little better lol
                            Last edited by Average_Jerk; 04-06-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I ran 16x9 +5, it was flush with 215/40 that didn't stretch much at all, looked more like 225/40. +5 is where you want the front with 215's and camber plates. You could even do +0 with 205's. The rear definitely needs to be at least a 20-25mm spacer with a 215 or smaller, but of course you can get bigger spacers.

But why get wheels that need spacers if you were going to get custom wheels the first time around?
                              ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
                              Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

^ as far as the custom wheels. i had a buyer back out of a car i was selling. that put a big dent in my wallet. so, no more custom for me. oh well, shit happens.

the tires on the wheels are 205/40.

I guess its back to the drawing board.

Comment

Working...
                                X