Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to see more updates

Comment

Interested to see this progress further. Might have to do the CRV map light thing myself. Always wished all Civics had them.
      DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
      E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
        Loving everything you're doing.. sorry to hear about the struts
        Thanks! no worries, the front bags actually had small rubs on them so its probably better off getting new ones anyhow

Originally posted by SoLOwX3 View Post
        Def excited about this build. I see you going in a great direction with it
        Originally posted by GLi16v View Post
        Definitely in for this
        Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
        this has the makings to be a great build good luck man. civic hatches have been growing on me like crazy recently.
        Originally posted by martystaytrue View Post
        nice build
        Originally posted by EJ1Tyler View Post
        I really can't wait to see how this build turns out
        Originally posted by DjGreggieP View Post
        Looking good so far, Can't wait to see where this goes!
        Originally posted by los02 View Post
        Interested to see this progress further. Might have to do the CRV map light thing myself. Always wished all Civics had them.
        Originally posted by Belvader View Post
        want to see more updates

Thanks gents!

Now its time to get to business

Replaced the hood, drivers side fender and drivers door. once the front bumper is replaced every panel in the front will have been replaced

Also I (temporarily) have desided against the giant type-r-ish/seeker v2 replica spoiler, and picked up the dx spoiler to replace the buggered stock one.

and new!

My legit type-r rear lip also came in, it needs some work before paint.

But now I have peices for a full type-r kit

While I was at the junkyard I also scored a trunk light. I should have it cleaned up and converted to led shortly.

I also managed to open up my bronze headlights to try and find what was causing the reflector to come loose. It ended up being that the plastic adjustment screw is broken, and since the canadian headlights have different adjustment screws I will likely end up getting a slightly longer bolt and machining it to the same shape. Should be easy to make with a drill press and a file...

I also picked up bulbs. NOT HIDS, cause Im not the type of person who enjoys blinding the ever living frickfrack out of everyone driving within a 5 mile radius

and while were on the topic of lights... I had wanted to pick up a set of the oem staneely style foglights. they look like this:

But at the same time I wanted something that would be intensely bright. I had been curious to try out a set of led foglights, but theyre pretty pricey. long story short I stumbled accross a used pair of super bright led foglights that are damn close to the shape and size of the optional oem fogs.

these however aren`t just another set of lights you would see on lifted trucks and brodozers. This set happens to be for industrial application. Most leds lights don`t need any cooling fins whatsoever.... these puppies do

Needless to say, they`re brighter then my headlights.

Decided that I will be putting the volk c1`s on this thing, at least to start off. these guys:

And since the weather was so nice I mocked em up for fun

I think they`ll look just fine

Until next time
        1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
        1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

it seems someone has as much of a crush on ron swanson as i do

love the EK's. I had a boosted EK - was a blast. miss it.

Comment

I am in for this one
            I would love to put bags on my ej6 civic four door
            - Colin Chapman once said, "When your on a limited budget, as we are at Lotus, power is designed into the chassis and not the powerplant"-

HappleMotorSports

BUY MY WHEELS BEFORE I DECIDE TO KEEP THEM FOREVER

Comment

deeply in love with where this build is going
              [IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5441/17191163096_12105eed9a_o.jpg[/IMG]
              instagram: [URL"http://instagram.com/jonnysachs"] jonnysachs [/URL]
              Tumblr: [URL"http://fr3dfr3dburg3r1.tumblr.com/"]FR3DFR3DBURG3R1[/URL]
              Build: [URL"http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49839"] The civic that can always go lower [/URL]

Comment

My brother had a 99 hatch and I loved it so I cant wait to see where you go with this build.. Subscribed

Comment

Originally posted by Nicotine View Post
                  it seems someone has as much of a crush on ron swanson as i do

love the EK's. I had a boosted EK - was a blast. miss it.
                  How can you not? he is the ultimate man
                  Originally posted by Hondatom87 View Post
                  I am in for this one
                  I would love to put bags on my ej6 civic four door
                  Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                  My brother had a 99 hatch and I loved it so I cant wait to see where you go with this build.. Subscribed
                  Thanks guys!
                  Originally posted by fr3dfr3dburg3r1 View Post
                  deeply in love with where this build is going
                  Thanks man! Really appreciate it. Your cars build thread is one of a select few that convinced me to go air.

And sorta kinda maybe update time

Got my headlights torn apart to try and tack down what was broken internally

it ended up being two if these stupid bastards (in middle)

So i went to the junkyard to try and track down a replacement shaft screw thing. Turns out the Us/Canadian headlights use entirely different internals and adjustment screws.. So I made some replacements out of ready rod and steel filler.

and while I had them apart I tried my hand at repolishing them to remove some of the imperfections.

And back together again!

Unfortunately I didn't take any good photos of them installed ( can kinda see them in the next pics but they're dirty )
                  While at the junkyard however I found a nicer set of ngk plug wires and threw them on

The replacement bags for the two blown fronts arrived

Decided red type r badges weren't classy enough. Got factory special edition gold ones

oh and this little tiny tiny order got placed

1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                  1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Your updates always make my day better.

Thats is all

Comment

Indeed

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

ahw yisss,

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                        "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

damn this is gon be awesome, cant wait to see this bitch dropped on its nuts

Comment

another great thread OP, loving all the details and junkyard finds again, but on a different car. keep it up!

Comment

I love these attention to detail builds. Probably because I'm slightly OCD and like doing all the little detailed things too. Definitely in for more.

It's a work in progress^
                              Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                              Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

What's the model # on the double din? Does it have USB/aux input?

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                                Originally posted by nickskater09
                                I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Working...
                                X