The BBS RC 090/BMW Style 5 wheels thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by COBYATCH View Post
    option 2 so you can reuse the spacer on a next set of wheels that may not be 74.1.

+1 (definitely)

Comment

• Option 3. Get a hubcentric wheel spacer. There is no minimum thickness when your going to a larger center bore.

Comment

• Comment

• Hopefully I'll be taking purchase of these once my wheels sell. From the description they're:

BBS Style 5's
          17x7.5
          5x120
          Anthracite lips
          Candy red centres
          Gold bolts
          RC009 centres
          040 lips

Comment

• Before:

After: Coming soon.

Comment

• sigpic
              1995 318ti Active/Club Sport clone
              2002 330cic

Comment

• sigpic
                2002 330cic

Comment

• Some better pics of my ride!

So ?

Comment

• I milled the 9j center with 5mm and mounted on the front with 9j barrel.
                    In the back i use the 8J center with 9j barrel.

9j cu et 27 front and 9j with et 17 on back.

Because of t he money i had to sell 9j front wheel and put back the 8.
                    In all pictures are 8 with 9. Only picture with 9 on the front is that with the suspension.

anyone tried to anodize the polished lip with a madness color? Is a crazy ideea, but i think i will try this winter.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ziemenz; 10-16-2012, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeTime4One View Post

Oh hi Sean.

Comment

• Greetings Allen!
                        I have waited 6 months to post on this thread...good things come to those who wait.
                        sigpic
                        2002 330cic

Comment

Greetings Allen!
                          I have waited 6 months to post on this thread...good things come to those who wait.

Comment

• For all of you Ladies and Gents, looking to add some gold plated bling to their style 5s.
                            I have about 10 sets of these gold hex caps, all that is required is a little dremel cutting of the original cap, then put this one in and Balliiinn!!!!!!

Oh yeaaaaahhh....

Comment

• Polishing RC909's

I wanted to give a little background on my wheels and the adventure I have gone through since buying them back in June of this year. I had looked for a set of style 5's for over a year when these popped up on the Denver craigslist for $450.00. I knew what potential these wheels had if I could get my hands on them...but, had no idea of the labor that would go into them in order to achieve said potential. I was offered guidelines/instructions on polishing my wheels from a friend in California who had polished a set of his own. I followed his advice to the letter and found that he was spot-on in every aspect. I was also told, "welcome to Hell!" lol That was an understatement.
                              I have completely polished 3 of the 4 wheels as I type this. The 4th wheel is being finished today. I have grits 1000-3000 left. I have done these all by hand without the use of any power tools. The results are stunning! Here are step-by-step pics of the process. Enjoy

120 grit

Before and after
                              sigpic
                              2002 330cic

Comment

I wanted to give a little background on my wheels and the adventure I have gone through since buying them back in June of this year. I had looked for a set of style 5's for over a year when these popped up on the Denver craigslist for $450.00. I knew what potential these wheels had if I could get my hands on them...but, had no idea of the labor that would go into them in order to achieve said potential. I was offered guidelines/instructions on polishing my wheels from a friend in California who had polished a set of his own. I followed his advice to the letter and found that he was spot-on in every aspect. I was also told, "welcome to Hell!" lol That was an understatement.
                                I have completely polished 3 of the 4 wheels as I type this. The 4th wheel is being finished today. I have grits 1000-3000 left. I have done these all by hand without the use of any power tools. The results are stunning! Here are step-by-step pics of the process. Enjoy

Amazing result!!!!! where did you get the grits?? and did you make all the polishing process by hand?? didn't you use an electric drill or something???

Comment

Working...
                                X