No announcement yet.

The BBS RC 090/BMW Style 5 wheels thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow man all your guys wheels look so sick. i have a e46 sportswagon not fully slammed yett, baltimore city roads are horrible.but how can i take my rim appart and get new lips or somthing? do i have to cut the wheel and get new lips welded? any links? i alreaddy cracked one lip really bad and second one is bentup.any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz32 View Post
      wow man all your guys wheels look so sick. i have a e46 sportswagon not fully slammed yett, baltimore city roads are horrible.but how can i take my rim appart and get new lips or somthing? do i have to cut the wheel and get new lips welded? any links? i alreaddy cracked one lip really bad and second one is bentup.any suggestions?
      These wheels are two piece, barrel and lip is one and face is the other, compared to three piece where lip barrel and face all come apart. You could get a shop to cut them off and reweld new lips but not gonna be cheap.
      Try to see if a shop can repair the imperfections you currently have.

Comment

• Its not cheap but its cheaper then buying new 4" lips.

Comment

• Originally posted by dieseldubber View Post
          These wheels are two piece, barrel and lip is one and face is the other, compared to three piece where lip barrel and face all come apart. You could get a shop to cut them off and reweld new lips but not gonna be cheap.
          Try to see if a shop can repair the imperfections you currently have.
          On damn lol okay gotcha, but how much do the new 3"lip cost? Any idea? Or any links?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by mdz32 View Post
              On damn lol okay gotcha, but how much do the new 3"lip cost? Any idea? Or any links?
              Black forest industries sells lips

Comment

• A couple of pictures of my E30 M3 with BBS RC040 in the front and RC009 in the back:

And one question, do you use any product to protect the lips to avoid the loosing of the polish finish???

Comment

• " And one question, do you use any product to protect the lips to avoid the loosing of the polish finish??? "

GTechniq C5 Wheel Armour , I think it´s best.

Comment

• Thanks, I'll try that!!

Comment

• before :

after:

Comment

• Very nice, how did you paint de bolts??

Comment

• sandblasting + paint bomb black like this:
                          before :

Comment

• my questions to you guys who retain the style 5 centercap... where the hell do u get the BBS center cap/emblem from??

I've searched everywhere and can't ever never find the correct size
                            sc300 "Scraping Guts" -sold

ucf20
                            ZEAL VIP

Comment

• Originally posted by tenshi View Post
                              sandblasting + paint bomb black like this:
                              before :
                              Thanks for the info, i'll have to do something similar
                              Last edited by kazarn; 09-08-2012, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• its just stickers buy to ebay for me

Comment

Working...
                                X