No announcement yet.

Slammed Jeep Patriot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this so much! Can't wait to see it aired out.
    Also: amazing stuff with the bumper and dash panel, would fool me it was factory.
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

steel lock nuts with aluminium spikes

Comment

Honestly ***** these until right now. I guess you can make anything look cool. You're a plastic surgeon man.
        2 328i e36's
        Saabaru linear 2.5na
        Various projects.
        sigpic
        Intro;
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

finished running the air lines & started the wiring, also installed a new heavy duty battery as my Optima shit itself after testing the compressors (got 5 years out of it). just need to wire up controller and pressure switch. Still waiting on the moisture trap hard line fittings to arrive too.

Keep in mind that i have never bagged a car and its also my daily driver. Any tips would be appreciated

Comment

Last nights efforts- wired up the tank pressure sensor-switch-cigarette power, ignore the dirty carpets....

Have also never wired anything up in a car before., first time for everything

Comment

starting the 'working day' right with a 'Taco Beer'

managed to finish wiring up the compressor switch and controller (everything all works perfectly), also wired up the digital gauges and test fitted the new dash piece. just waiting on some harness extensions for the gauges and some fittings so i can pressure test the lines/system prior to installing the bags.

Ill also be installing parking sensors to the underside (ish) of my front and rear bumpers so i don't air out onto kerbs when parking, would prefer not to rip my bumper/s off (the front scrapes ATM)

Last edited by willis6057; 08-27-2018, 01:41 AM.

Comment

forgot to post these up too- made some side skirts from scratch, they still need to be trimmed and the ends need to be capped but i'm undecided if i will even use them

Comment

So boxy! Well done

Comment

Originally posted by Wagonbae View Post
                    So boxy! Well done
                    yeah, mates call it the shoe box on wheels.

last nights efforts- removed the modified dash and prepped it for paint.
                    something to keep me hydrated

made a make-shift paint booth; a couple curtain rods, 2 over sized shower curtains off Ebay & 3 exhaust fans setup.

laid down some paint; 5 coats of colour and 7 coats of clear, will still need to wet sand, etc
                    second thing i have ever painted with a gun.

Comment

harness extensions arrived so wired up the gauges

wet sanded

polishing

installed

any tips/tricks for hard lines? have already noticed a few minor leaks.....

Comment

Nice work!

But for some reason it kinda looks like a spider's face.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

mate said it looked like Freddo Frog.....

Comment

Originally posted by willis6057 View Post
                            mate said it looked like Freddo Frog.....

Now I can't unsee LOL

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

staying hydrated

started cutting the return lips on my guards/fenders, managed to cut a little over 10mm off each side to get a bit more clearance when it airs out.

rim/tyre combo are a little wider than stock

installed some more insulation/sound deadening

also test fit one of the bags to the rear coil over, have found a 'issue' with re-installing the top mount with the bag installed, ill either have to cut it down, or get some new top mounts laser cut. anyone with a similar top mount/coil over setup able to direct me?

Comment

so figured out last night that them rear bags wont work with the top hat mount, so ill either need to get some bags made to suit with the top hat or get some that are similar and modify them to suit.

Also drew up a design to relocate the bottom strut mounts to get lower, depending on what bags ill have to end up using.
                                renders show current setup and new design

Comment

Working...
                                X