No announcement yet.

Slammed Jeep Patriot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 3d design is awesome. Why can't they be modified to fit?
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.
    sigpic
    Intro;
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

Bit hard to explain verbally, so i have drawn it, the top hat mounts like 70mm ++ lower than when the bag is installed. the bag can only thread down a certain amount and the washer on the shaft also restricts the position of the top of the bag.

me and my mates discussed weather i could get the thread and shaft machined down, but that isn't ideal as its my daily driver

left is the struts in elevation, right is a section through the struts.

I'm talking to a manufacturer atm to try organise bags like these

Last edited by willis6057; 09-13-2018, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I understand now. That bag design is super sketchy to me for some reason haha. Just not used to seeing it setup that way. I'll take the old bags if you don't want them haha
        2 328i e36's
        Saabaru linear 2.5na
        Various projects.
        sigpic
        Intro;

Comment

yeah, sucks they don't work, i ended up testing them on the car and even fully aired out it didn't sit as low as the coilovers
          ill have to test the front struts, they don't have a shit top hat mount so should be sweet, will try both bag types tho to see which one works best
          have heard back from manufacturer and good news! they have a set of rear bags for us, so will order today.
          Have also ordered a set of rear lower control arms so i can modify them to mount the strut lower, weather it needs it or not, ill drill several holes to make it all adjustable
          Last edited by willis6057; 09-13-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

managed to cut the pinch joint/steel lip out of the inside of my rear guards.

cut it out then welded the joint in stages

The joint is less than 5mm now, so cut about 15-20mm off, sealed along the welds and finished it off by painting it with body deadener

Comment

staying hydrated

figured that while I wait for parts to arrive I may as well soundproof my car more.

bought these a few months ago, now i just need to modify my rear bumper (body kit) for dual exhaust outlets

red circle indicates where the exhaust would exist currently, black circles is where i need to graft/make some exhaust openings/outlets

Comment

I love the pod gauge! Can’t wait for an excuse to make my own
                2003 is300- bn style with flames and stuff
                2003 mk4 jetta- lifted- beater
                1997 SAAB 9000- current project
                2003 f359 7.3
                .... I guess I like the year 2003 lol

Comment

Got a bit done over the weekend. used my actual camera instead of using my hamburger flip phone for the photos.

Keeping Hydrated

cut the return lip to my front guards/fenders.

managed to cut a fair bit off

figured that while i had the front end apart i may as well change over my fog light globes.

comparison shot.

redone the airlines with stainless braided lines, no more leaking fittings.

some rubbing issues

building the front struts

installed

still need to cut this lip/pinch return joint shit out to get the front lower as the tyre hits it when aired out, will get about an inch more.

when i cut it out i may look at how difficult it will be to tub, might just commit

Comment

managed to cut & weld the inside of my front guards over the weekend, finished in body deadener

rear lower control arms arrived so measured them up and drew them in CAD so i could properly design the rear shock mount plates

arts and crafts time!! yay!!

printed the plate designs out, glued to carton box, cut out to test fit on the spare control arms

now that i know they should work: laser cutting time

rear bags also arrived, so have something fun to do over the weekend.

also figured out that i need to move the bottom shock mount on my fronts to get it 1-2 inch lower. just the matter of winding it up the shock
                    Last edited by willis6057; 10-05-2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• reset the front mounts and managed to get the front sitting a lot nicer, 1-2mm clearance from hitting the guards/fenders.

also managed to install the rears, not happy with how low it got tho (aired out was a touch higher than coilovers)

Comment

• Looking Good,

Question : Who did you get to laser cut the lower shock mount? also did you weld it onto the control arm?

Got a Dodge Avenger and same problem with the rear Coil Overs fully maxed out and still sitting to high for my liking.

4VENGR

Comment

• i have sent them off to be laser cut today, just sent them to a local laser cutter (one of my mates works there so that helps) have put them as urgent so should hopefully receive them this afternoon and then yeah, ill weld them in and probably get another mate to fully weld them as hes a structural welder.
                          Them rear bags were actually designed for the Avenger

Comment

• Cool I look forward to seeing how they go when completed.

I think (From memory) Patriot / Caliber / Compass / Chrysler 200 / Avenger all ran the same suspension,

4VENGR

Comment

• parked up at work today- threw one of my business cards in to show the massive amount of clearance i have in the front guards, ill probably change the camber to get a bit more as im not 100% comfortable with that

Last edited by willis6057; 10-08-2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• If that's aired out I wouldn't change a thing, I figured you wanted that fitment
                                2 328i e36's
                                Saabaru linear 2.5na
                                Various projects.
                                sigpic
                                Intro;

Comment

Working...
                                X