Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More progress made today and yesterday, got the motor dropped in on my own and started getting everything assembled from there. Also cleaned up the trans the best I could after 24 years grime and build up, replaced the input and output shaft seals, as well as the shift pin seal and the detent spring cap/seal. I trying to stop all leaks. But got the wiring harness in and laid down some gold reflective tape in the bay, more updates next weekend!

IMG_9090

IMG_9106

IMG_9102

IMG_9093

IMG_9107

IMG_9105

IMG_9103
    Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
    1987 325e
    1987 325IS

Comment

• So the car is officially off of jack stands! Lowered the car down and was able to get her all moved over to the lift to finish it up!

IMG_9119

IMG_9120

Was super stoked on this today, was able to finally properly convert the car to a true 5 lug in the rear! Got the SRS Concepts kit in in no time at all, picked up some coated rotors and some fresh and new calipers, and got it all together. The kit is pretty much just Z4 rear hubs with an adapter to run e46 (325I 294mm) vented brakes, more than enough for an E30.

IMG_9121

IMG_9122

IMG_9124

Need pads still and also need shorter bolts to mount the calipers to the adapter plate, stock ones are much too long. Got a lot other other things done between last night and today but havent taken any pics yet so ill do that tomorrow and get you all up too date. Things are moving quickly.

1999 M Coupe
      1987 325e
      1987 325IS

Comment

• Coming together awesome bud�� Didn't know that kit existed. I'll have to let compact guys know that we also now have an option for bigger rear brakes��
        95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
          Coming together awesome bud�� Didn't know that kit existed. I'll have to let compact guys know that we also now have an option for bigger rear brakes��
          Was such an easy swap dude, would highly recommend it!

More of an update, things are going together quickly even after needing a few small parts. The underside of the car is pretty much all wrapped up and ready to go minus the shifting linkage which still needs a c-clip. Turbo, exhaust, and intercooler are all set as well. Also had a chance to mount up the meth pump and partially plumb it (waiting on a push-to-connect ell) and get some of the coolant and boost pressure lines ran. Will hopefully have startup this coming weekend!

IMG_9140

IMG_9138

IMG_9142

IMG_9137

IMG_9147

IMG_9145

Also the 5 lug swap really pulled the rear wheels in nicely, just what I wanted so I could run a little more tire. Will still probably throw on a small spacer.

IMG_9126

IMG_9127

1999 M Coupe
          1987 325e
          1987 325IS

Comment

• So good news... IT RUNS!

Was able to get the ol' girl started up this morning, cranked her over a few times to get the oil flowing and then she fired right up! idled perfect and sounded nice and smooth, a little bit of lifter tick but that should bleed its self out quickly.

So still on the to-do list:
            - Put rad in and bleed coolant system
            - Alignment
            - Bleed brakes
            - Install headlights

Went to bleed the brakes tonight and had a leak that wouldnt quit even after tightening so I've gotta take care of that, annoying.

IMG_9152

IMG_9150

IMG_9154

Also going extra measures to keep the heat away from the hood, woven heat shield going in.

IMG_9159

Also need to put this together...

IMG_9160

1999 M Coupe
            1987 325e
            1987 325IS

Comment

• I'll just start here...

IMG_9175

Its 95% ready to go so here are some more pics cause im stoked.

IMG_9184

IMG_9185

IMG_9189

IMG_9190

IMG_9191

IMG_9196

Ellips are in!

IMG_9204

Clearance is at a minimum but it clears

IMG_9206

IMG_9207

Made a quick release setup for the hood aswell

IMG_9209

IMG_9210

1999 M Coupe
              1987 325e
              1987 325IS

Comment

• Amazing work, makes me wanna Turbo the hole of own M50 lol what power are you expecting from this when its 100%
                My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• awesome work on the engine man.

Comment

• Yas, can't wait to see some videos

That quick release is a great idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                      Amazing work, makes me wanna Turbo the hole of own M50 lol what power are you expecting from this when its 100%
                      Made 393WHP and 326 WTQ last year on pretty much the same setup, with the cutring head gasket i should be able to pull a little bit more out of it

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                      awesome work on the engine man.
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                      Yas, can't wait to see some videos

That quick release is a great idea!
                      Yeah im happy with it, need to second hood mount (the one with the hook for the hood latch) so I can hold down the hood mech

1999 M Coupe
                      1987 325e
                      1987 325IS

Comment

• Awesome, see id be more than happy with a set up running 325bhp max and about 250-280bhp for normal driving, what about engine management etc I'm a proper noob when it comes to stuff like this, factory ecu wouldn't be able to run a turbo set up would it (I hope that makes sense) lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                          Awesome, see id be more than happy with a set up running 325bhp max and about 250-280bhp for normal driving, what about engine management etc I'm a proper noob when it comes to stuff like this, factory ecu wouldn't be able to run a turbo set up would it (I hope that makes sense) lol
                          I'm running stock ECU (413 red label), tuned by Jordan at RK Tunes. His personal car makes over 900WHP on a stock ECU. but youre over seas so that option probably isnt very plausible lol

1999 M Coupe
                          1987 325e
                          1987 325IS

Comment

• Shes back in action and pulling hard!

IMG_9238

IMG_9235

IMG_9228

IMG_9254

1999 M Coupe
                            1987 325e
                            1987 325IS

Comment

• Mate its a stunning looking car, its exactly how id want a Turbo set up to look in my engine bay, 3rd-4th gear pull on Insta sounded great.

Comment

• So sick

Comment

Working...
                                X