Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im really feeling the work on the oil pan!!���� im thinking of doing a dry slump conversion soon on my e21 just because i want to be as low as possible!! Keep it up man all looks good!

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
      Nice man looking good. That wastegate plumbing looks awesome ran like that.
      Thanks man!

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
      It looks great man! Will there be copious amount of gold foil on that strut tower?
      oh yes, copious amounts

Originally posted by CashMeOut View Post
      Im really feeling the work on the oil pan!!���� im thinking of doing a dry slump conversion soon on my e21 just because i want to be as low as possible!! Keep it up man all looks good!
      also a good idea
      Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
      1987 325e
      1987 325IS

Comment

• Pulled the head off the M50 on Sunday and was pleasantly surprised, looks like the head and vanos unit were replaced at some point with oem units and the head gasket was done at that time. Just need to pull the cams now so I can bring the head to the machine shop to get decked and cleaned. But the bottom end looked good, no signs of any issues due to boost on the pistons.

IMG_8822

IMG_8823

IMG_8824

IMG_8825

IMG_8826

The head gasket also looked great for being a stock gasket at almost 400whp....

IMG_8827

IMG_8828

1999 M Coupe
        1987 325e
        1987 325IS

Comment

• Got the engine mostly reassembled this weekend after getting the head back from the machine shop. First thing I did was replace the oil pump nut with a wired version for a little extra added security.

IMG_8840

Cutring head gasket going in...

IMG_8841

IMG_8842

IMG_8843

Head back on a torqued down

IMG_8845

IMG_8846

Cams back in a torqued down, need some specialty tools to finish reassembly.

IMG_8878

IMG_8879

IMG_8880

Also got my methanol tank all finished up

IMG_8882

Got our second lift in and running this weekend too!

IMG_8881

1999 M Coupe
          1987 325e
          1987 325IS

Comment

• Engine is all back together and ready to go back in, bay has yet to be painted but Im trying to figure that out...

IMG_8897

IMG_8895

also cut out the old wastegate line, left a little incase it has to be used later on. My tig welding is getting better.

IMG_8901

1999 M Coupe
            1987 325e
            1987 325IS

Comment

• WOW, This build is sick. Great work.
              2010 Wide Body Dodge Charger

Comment

• little things coming along.

Refinished brake booster and master, along with a chase bays brake bias adjuster, copper-nickle lines, and a polished line tee...

IMG_8903

1999 M Coupe
                1987 325e
                1987 325IS

Comment

• realized that I havent posted any photos of the motor fully assembled on the stand, threw on the turbski stuff today because I had to see the full setup before install

IMG_9001

IMG_9000

IMG_9002

1999 M Coupe
                  1987 325e
                  1987 325IS

Comment

• A very happy update! This are finally moving!

My friend who painted the car was able to come through this past week and lay some paint down in the bay! Its in no way perfect but it looks great and thats all I can ask for out of an engine bay. I was able to get a shit ton done on friday night and saturday morning including all new brake lines up front, fitting up the brake booster, fitting up the brake bias adjuster, installing the intercooler and piping, painting the blower fan cover, and a bunch of other little things! I have it ready to drop the motor back in this coming weekend, so hopefully I can get it up and running within two weeks, but well see...

IMG_9064

IMG_9065

IMG_9058

IMG_9063

IMG_9069

IMG_9070

1999 M Coupe
                    1987 325e
                    1987 325IS

Comment

• Originally posted by K-Line View Post
                      In other news, these forums seem dead lately. They used to be super active, whats the deal...
                      Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                      Guess the shitty social networks get all the attention nowadays
                      I agree about it being social networks drawing people away from the forums. It's unfortunate

Nice build btw, the work looks great!

Comment

• That bay looks great painted, cant wait to see the motor installed back in.
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• They bay looks great.

Social networks are good for quick updates but when you want a more indepth look forums are best.

I love a good build thread.
                          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• great job, I read all the pages, I love your turbu setup
                            - VW Polo 6N OpenAir on Exip mesh wheels

- Austin Mini mayfair 1985

Instagram: oscar_polow

Comment

• Looks fire the bay like that, it's almost a shame the most gonna be hidden!

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny_Coleslaw View Post
                                I agree about it being social networks drawing people away from the forums. It's unfortunate

Nice build btw, the work looks great!
                                Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                                That bay looks great painted, cant wait to see the motor installed back in.
                                Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                                They bay looks great.

Social networks are good for quick updates but when you want a more indepth look forums are best.

I love a good build thread.
                                Originally posted by O2car View Post
                                great job, I read all the pages, I love your turbu setup
                                Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                                Looks fire the bay like that, it's almost a shame the most gonna be hidden!
                                Appreciate the kind words everyone, its all slowly moving along. Have been trying to really push through lately and its going well, parts are flowing in as I try to replace every nut, bolt, washer, and piece of plastic that I touch. Got this package in today...

IMG_9078

A major key to being able to run some meat in the back, SRS Concepts rear 5 lug setup. Pretty much just Z4 rear hubs and an adapter to run E36 rear brakes, should be a nice upgrade and should bring the rear wheels in 18mm or so

IMG_9082

1999 M Coupe
                                1987 325e
                                1987 325IS

Comment

Working...
                                X