Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn this car is awesome, 350whp on an e30 must be good for some pants-pooping moments

I'm going to read all of this thread now

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• YES!! read every page and i fucking love it and decent figures on the power with the turbo on the m50. i wonder what a similar set up would pull on the m52 328 engine.
      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Late night post

Heres how the car looks right now, havent started anything mechanical yet, just stripping the bay down to bare metal to get it ready to be painted Bronzit! Not going to be shaved, because thats too much work and I dont really like the look, but just going to be cleaned up slightly and fully remove unwanted mounts in the bay. Let me just say that removing all of this bedliner is a total bitch...

IMG_20180107_182058

IMG_20180107_182106

IMG_20180107_182115

...especially in these small little areas.

IMG_20180107_182128
        Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
        1987 325e
        1987 325IS

Comment

• Was worth reading all 26 pages of this thread!
          Good work and nice to see that bed liner stripped off, paint will be so much better.
          Instagram valgers97

Comment

• Havent touched the car for a while due to being away for work and with the air compressor going down, but yesterday I got moving again. First off I got some parts in; cutring head gasket, oil pan gasket, oil pump wired nut and gasket, and I think thats it. Need to start ordering more.

IMG_8425

IMG_8427

IMG_8428

IMG_8429

IMG_8426

Also started building a meth tank, so yeah I will be going meth injection this year...

IMG_8416

IMG_8415

IMG_8420

IMG_8421

Finally Im still in the process of stripping the engine bay down, its a bitch, but while doing so I found a small rust hole that needs to be fixed

IMG_8413

IMG_8414

1999 M Coupe
            1987 325e
            1987 325IS

Comment

• Things are moving along and parts are coming in and being made, the bay is coming along somewhat decently with a bunch of work still to go. Right now it is fully primed so the next step is to drop the engine back in (which ill be doing today) so i can get a move on with replumbing the wastegate and mocking up a few other things.

IMG_8437

IMG_8443

Here is that rust spot fixed as well...

IMG_8438

Also received my meth injection kit, received the wrong controller by summit fixed that without any issue.

IMG_8440

IMG_8442

IMG_8439

Also have been refinishing small things in the engine bay like my rough looking E21 brake bo

IMG_8444

IMG_8448

More to come most likely tonight!

IMG_8500

1999 M Coupe
              1987 325e
              1987 325IS

Comment

• So heres one of the coolest things that I planned for this winter. As I'm sure ive mentioned my oil pan sits incredibly low and ive been wanting to address the issue, so I got in contact with Dirk Deppen (which im sure many of you have heard of) and he was able to help me solve the issue. This meant shortening the pan 1.5" and widening it 2" to help keep capacity. It came out great and I couldnt be happier.

imagejpeg_0_04

imagejpeg_0_06

imagejpeg_0_05

and the oil return fitting...

2018-04-01_10-16-18

and the oil pick-up.

imagejpeg_0_07

1999 M Coupe
                1987 325e
                1987 325IS

Comment

• Nice dimes dude!

Was the old sump's material hard to clean/weld?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                    Nice dimes dude!

Was the old sump's material hard to clean/weld?
                    My buddy welded it but it was dirty but its going to be with it being so porous, probably would be a good idea to take it one step further and outgas it but idk

But in other news over the last two nights ive been working one the routing and locating of the wastegate to fix my over boosting issue, s heres what ive come up with.

I first started with the run from the turbo to the gate:

IMG_20180404_210928

IMG_20180404_210936

IMG_20180404_210950

Then to route the run back into the downpipe (no more screamer pipe )

IMG_20180405_204806

IMG_20180405_204816

IMG_20180405_204819

im going to run the flex pipe for obvious reasons if itll fit

IMG_20180405_204827_01

So things are moving along, next to finish my meth tank...

1999 M Coupe
                    1987 325e
                    1987 325IS

Comment

• Small update, completely redid the front chassis harness and stripped out anything that was no longer being used. Rewrapped it with completely with TESA tape and added a secondary cover over the larger sections. My thought is why hide it when you can make it look better than new, so itll still be seen in the bay (barely though) and hung up neatly with rivnuts.

IMG_8647

IMG_8648

IMG_8649

IMG_8652

IMG_8653

1999 M Coupe
                      1987 325e
                      1987 325IS

Comment

• So another big chunk done over this past week, enough of a chunk that I can pull the motor and get to painting! But for real once the engine is out Ill be able to set the rivnuts in bay that will hold the meth pump, wiring harness, boost lines and boost controller; this way ill be able to use some nice hardware to finish it off nicely. I can also move forward with the head gasket replacement and getting the head decked/checked.

So onto what I did this past week... to start off I had a major mess up. When I fit up all the plumbing for the gate I forgot that I didnt have the transmission on the motor, I just had the engine tightened on the mounts; this in turn meant that the way I designed it was not going to work. So I picked up the setup from my friend Nick who was welding it up on Monday and was able to get the trans in and fix the piping that night and I got it back to him on tuesday. In the meantime I fabbed up an intake for the turbo out some more beautiful stainless. Im working on my fabrication skills and TIG welding as much as possible so this was a nice quick project and Im happy with it for my ability level. Ill be doing a little more to get more air to it which ill explain below. Onto the visuals...

IMG_8655

IMG_8654

IMG_8656

IMG_8657

IMG_8658

IMG_8659

IMG_8660

IMG_8661

IMG_8662

IMG_8665

IMG_8663

So you can see that hole there, Im going to make a flange that I can bolt into there so that I can run some brake duct style tubing to it from the front of the car to dump a ton of cold air into the turbo, should help keep the temps in the bay down a bit too

IMG_8664

In other news, these forums seem dead lately. They used to be super active, whats the deal...

1999 M Coupe
                        1987 325e
                        1987 325IS

Comment

• Guess the shitty social networks get all the attention nowadays

Btw nice work on the tubing, did you back purge it or nah? Also looks like you may crank the heat down a bit as looks like it's kinda burnt in some points

Looking forward to the "cold air duct" in the front, it's a really good idea

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                            Guess the shitty social networks get all the attention nowadays

Btw nice work on the tubing, did you back purge it or nah? Also looks like you may crank the heat down a bit as looks like it's kinda burnt in some points

Looking forward to the "cold air duct" in the front, it's a really good idea
                            Didnt back purge, dont have a setup for it right now unfortunately. once I get better at this whole thing Ill look into it

1999 M Coupe
                            1987 325e
                            1987 325IS

Comment

• Nice man looking good. That wastegate plumbing looks awesome ran like that.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• It looks great man! Will there be copious amount of gold foil on that strut tower?
                                Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Working...
                                X