Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife thinks its stupid, e36 and stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres the alignment sheet. the thrust angle was pretty bad before, now the steering wheel is just off
    IMG_1810
    new tires NEXEN not nexus haha
    IMG_1797
    went to a concert the other week and bought a tape for first time in a least 25 years!!
    put it in and it sounded like alvin and the chipmunks
    IMG_1802
    heres a pic of the low hanging exhaust
    IMG_1800
    some ol PO bullshit?!
    IMG_1804
    anybody know what goes here? or have one for sale?
    IMG_1806
    instead of working on the car i went surfing! i thats a 7'0 liddle and i can fit my 9'6'' inside also, was gonna get a e34 wagon but no need really!
    IMG_1796
    working on the door panels some more tonight and maybe clay bar it tomorrow whatever
    Last edited by parttimeprojectionist; 08-20-2013, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Looks like your have quite the project! I have a feeling you will turn it around though!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
      Originally posted by nickskater09
      I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Looking forward to this unfolding! I know your feels with poop interior and a big list of 'priorities' to fix... Keep it up man!

Comment

You are missing the coin holder thingy...

Comment

Originally posted by DopeStep View Post
            Looking forward to this unfolding! I know your feels with poop interior and a big list of 'priorities' to fix... Keep it up man!
            Originally posted by milano_red View Post
            Looks like your have quite the project! I have a feeling you will turn it around though!
            thanks guys! i definitely need the motivation.
            Originally posted by D Unit View Post
            You are missing the coin holder thingy...
            http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E36-323...nsole/ES86849/
            awesome thanks, i was wondering what that was!!!

so after disassembling the panel which was all like
            4549436747_4421284087_z
            i kinda mangled the shit out of it and was left to figure out what to do so this is what i did
            drilled some holes
            IMG_1812
            very carefully recessed
            IMG_1813
            took a few times but i got the screws to sit flush
            IMG_1818
            IMG_1824
            then glassed them in and let it sit outside for like 2 days to get rids of the smell
            IMG_1826
            got this in da mail today, clips and exhaust hangers and shifter stuff
            IMG_1827
            redided the panel fabric
            IMG_1831
            bolted and glued down if you look close this is version 2.0
            IMG_1834
            final product, its not perfect but ill take it, its better than it was anyways
            IMG_1835
            and now its wine time my ninjas, one of only a few whites that doesn't taste like baby puke IMO.
            IMG_1840

Comment

nice thread man. fellow bimmer owner here, E46. I know how it feels to have a long list of previous owner fuck ups to fix but keep it up they are fun to work on. also about those seats if you check out the e46 fanatics forum there are a few threads where guys have been able to retrofit newer 6 series seats in these models. looks sick too

Comment

are you keepin the contours or getting different wheels?

hi

Comment

Originally posted by metalhead stance View Post
                  nice thread man. fellow bimmer owner here, E46. I know how it feels to have a long list of previous owner fuck ups to fix but keep it up they are fun to work on. also about those seats if you check out the e46 fanatics forum there are a few threads where guys have been able to retrofit newer 6 series seats in these models. looks sick too
                  ill prolly keep the vaders even if i sell id do vaders again, i like em and so does the wifey
                  Originally posted by JE BMW View Post
                  are you keepin the contours or getting different wheels?
                  as far as rims go i looking for some e31 m systems but im also toying with widening the contours if possible, only on the outside tho, i cant seem to find anyone who's done it, well see. id also like to wide the m systems and take the pad down a little, vie done the maths and it looks doable...
                  another updata for the day...
                  after wine i got a little busy
                  changed the air filter and cabin filter old ones was filthy
                  IMG_1846
                  IMG_1862
                  then changed the rad clip[s and redid the hood pad clips also
                  IMG_1848
                  IMG_1850
                  i did both sides
                  IMG_1852
                  IMG_1858
                  then i did the side skirts, turns out the PO just had the on upside down so i bought new one for no reason o well
                  IMG_1841
                  IMG_1844
                  more wine and homemade mike piazza, A to Z is the beez knees...
                  IMG_1864

Comment

so after new tires, im noticing the front end is easily diverted i think its becuase the old ones were bald and the new ones are gripping a lot more which in turn is causing the LCA's flex more than before? so basiclly new LCA's. anyone ever had this issue? im without a jack atm otherwise id go out and check em myself.

otherwise no updates, ive been stuck in 'post a pic that made you lol' thread. haha.
                    Last edited by parttimeprojectionist; 08-27-2013, 02:47 AM.

Comment

altho ur doing a great job on the e36

i would have liked to c u stance that landcruiser
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

sex!
                        IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                          altho ur doing a great job on the e36

i would have liked to c u stance that landcruiser
                          they come pre stanced from the factory
                          Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                          sex!
                          thanks dude!

no updates. been too drunk, hungover, sore and busy to do anything car related. plus my wifes car needs a new condenser

just enjoyin driving it fo now pic at OB in all the stock gloryholeness
                          IMG_1893

Comment

so i guess i should update.

so living dat e36 life
                            IMG_1929
                            funny enough the day before i had ordered a mishimoto rad and everything to go with it, but it was still a few weeks out so i had to get a new plastic one for the time being. which will be for sale after i swap it out for the aluminum one. of course as i was taking it apart the plastic bleeder screw broke, the expansion tank broke(well sorta) so after a few trips to the store i got it running again, also i had heat for a day and now i don't maybe heater valve
                            what a waste of time and money

so heres all the goodies that have shown up over the past few weeks, some bavauto here, some bimmerworld there
                            heres a list
                            mishi rad and sili hoses, FDK with 80deg stat and 88/80 fan switch, brass air bleeder, some wetter and a misc missing clips and stuff.
                            IMG_2017

also i got sick of my tools rolling around on the pavement while working on my car outside so i ve started to make some tool pouches out of canvas, and put together a "go outside and work on the car kit" heres some of the progress.
                            so start with some canvas and trim
                            IMG_1996
                            IMG_1999

iron in half and sew again? i have no idea what im doing
                            IMG_1996
                            IMG_2003
                            then this shit happens
                            IMG_2004
                            take fuckin sewing apart like 20 times
                            IMG_2005
                            give up and drink beer -sammy smith's count chocula, their strawberry is the best BTW
                            IMG_2006
                            i tried again over the next few days, sewing fuckin sucks and sewing machines make me want to kill babies and kittens. but eventually
                            IMG_1993
                            IMG_2010
                            and finally!
                            IMG_2015

next is a wrench pouch and a car wash kit, well actually i have car wash kit just no pics
                            and put in all the cooling system goodies.
                            Last edited by parttimeprojectionist; 11-08-2013, 12:21 AM.

Comment

That's a neat tool kit pouch set up! Although I would never have the patience to make one...
                              Nice M too! I know the feeling about stupid PO fixes and the associated list...
                              -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                              '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                              '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

^^^thanks, its kinda janky but itll work for a while. i can always make another... i mean it didnt cost much!
                                its not really the act of sewing its how often something goes wrong with the sewing machine. i actually really liked figuring out the design and lay out of the tool kit.

love your truck btw the the IRS and tilt bed is the bees knees

Comment

Working...
                                X