No announcement yet.

MParallel's 328i OEM+ convertible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brand new Harman/Kardon midranges came in last week.

After a 2 year search I gave up. You'll never find a decent set second hand. They either have a damaged grill and/or surround and/or badly worn hk logo.

I wonder why I ever bordered.

Apart from the nice little gold hk logo, the difference with the piss-poor stock Nokia speakers, is obvious.

The housing/conus/internals are 3x as large.

Wow, I really have to get used to this new sound as the front is much more alive. I even had to adjust my fader and treble settings as it was simply too much.

Kind of the same when I retrofitted the other parts of the HK system. I never had any bass and was always set to max at the headunit, but with the amp and dedicated subwooder of the HK system, I had to turn down the bass to the middle setting.

Retrofit is no 95% finished.

Behind the doorcards, the doors look pretty much as clean as when it left he factory

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

Been ages since a last update.

Done a few things and a few things in the pipeline.

Last year I finished the installation of the 2006+ compass mirror / auto dimm / DWA led.

This mirror uses the big plastic endcaps that give the base a cool thick look and also completely hide the mounting point on the windshield.

For US folks it's plug&play as the never got the factory alarm with the central remote locking receiver inside the rearview mirror, although I'm not sure where it is located if the car didn't come with an alarm.
      So I had to take the remote receiver out my factory mirror and stuff.

Fitted M3 front strut tower reinforcement plates, M3 3.0 topmounts and M3 3.0 lower control arm offcentric bushings.

And latest ebay pickup

Comment

Please Post more pics of the e39 led conversion, or PM me with more pics, id love to do that its one thing i really really miss from my e39!

Comment

Any updated since 2011? Love the idea! doing the same to my e31, although it was already flull spec from the factory But there are some later options that were added I already have a 2002 4.4 VANOS engine transplant

Comment

Totally forgot about my topic.

Will start a new one, as since May 2013 I added an M3. The 328i is now back to as good as stock, with all the goodies now in the M3.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
              Totally forgot about my topic.

Will start a new one, as since May 2013 I added an M3. The 328i is now back to as good as stock, with all the goodies now in the M3.
              Get on with the M3 thread already

@projects_always

Comment

keep it going !

https://stanceworks.com/forums/showt...t-tt-for-long)

Comment

Been a while...

E38 buswheel for winter months. Love it.

Z8 dustcaps added to OEM M strutbrace

And just finished last weekend after a 4 month umdertake:

Comment

Keeps getting better and better!

Comment

Working...
                    X