• Show
Clear All

Wow that is mint really liking the way this is going
    Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

News?

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

Car is at the shop. It's getting a rebuilt b35 with ARP studs and MLS gasket. Turbo will come next year. Also getting a 5 speed with g265 and LSD.

Also found a new never used BBS e23 air dam today! Need to save up for real RS's soon too.

Comment

Your interior is sooooo mint, very jealous! Any thought to why not airbag it for max lows? Love how clean your entire car is, exterior reminded my ALOT of mine when i first picked mine up.
          BMW E23 build thread

Comment

After watching Magnus Walker on youtube, I was definitely feelin' these buffalo door panels and their soulful patina vibe. This was the retro combination I was looking for...

then I got these buffalo seats from Jargo...

then this NOS Alpina/momo steering wheel...

and this waiting to be installed. I also got all the black interior dash pieces, but might mix it up using pearl beige for the dash and black for the center and ebrake consoles.

Got this recently pulled from the yard... dropped the bumper off to get powder coated and the sharknose assembly to be sandblasted.

Started prepping this today...

My car is still at the shop, so there's not much I can do until it gets finished... hopefully it will get done soon so I can finally drive her again.

Comment

Very nice!!! It is going to look real good.
              _____________________________MY BUILD THREAD_____________________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Comment

those are nice upgrades
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

At first I was sad about the e28 , then I saw what you have done with the e23 . You have my attention . This is gon be good ! Impressive work !
                  Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
                  My E28 Build

Comment

Nice build

1990 Honda Civic Wagon - SOLD
                    1997 BMW 318i Vert
                    1992 Mercedes Benz 300e - SOLD
                    1970 Mercedes Benz 250
                    1976 Volvo 242DL

Comment

What do you guys think... Left or Right?

Comment

wow this came out so awesome

Comment

I can finally report on some progress with the m30b35 engine swap... @garageV on IG is doing the swap with some wise advice from "derrith" from mye28.com... derrith also made the custom wiring harness using OEM tape wrap to upgrade the ecu from Motronic 1.0 to 1.3. This is a very popular e28 swap, but since e23s are the ugly ducklings of the era, e23 swaps are unfortunately very rare...

Hope this helps anyone trying to do the swap too...

m30b34 is rated at 182hp @ 5400 rpm and 208 ft-lb @ 4000 rpm.
                          m30b35 is rated at 208hp @ 5700rpm and 225 ft-lb @ 4000 rpm.

You will need the LEFT and RIGHT Koala Motorsport engine adapters...

Then your shit should look crooked as fuck like this...

Then add the secret sauce... driver side e28 side mount arm (11811175591)

Engine sitting pretty now....

Comment

The m30b35 and 5 speed g6265 are in! Much thanks to Chris and Yar from German Auto Sport in Berkeley from rescuing her from a local mechanic. Live and learn but ALL IS GOOD now that she's back!!! More updates to come as I slowly get her back into shape...

Comment

she's freakin' lovely! well done sir!
                              put some badass rims on her and she's unbeatable.
                              damn you, I'm feeling like having one again!

Comment

I went back with the ambers. Looks much better.

Also got a euro wiper system from Ivo. When I run power to the motors I hear a "click" but nothing moves. I believe they are seized but I'll probably mount them anyways and keep the others as spares. I mounted the lights up but still need to replace the city light bulbs and tap the wire from the parking signals.

Next big phase is the interior. When I received the car, the shop only had enough time to wire in the driver seat/window switch. I managed to wire the rest of the switches in the car and got the alarm working again except for the siren. The tan carpet will be swapped for a black one. Most, if not all, pearl beige trim pieces will be dyed black. Door cards will also be rewrapped.

The original interior was very nice but I really wanted e28 sport seats. I was fortunate enough to work these out in a trade and scored matching rear black leather seats at Pick N Pull. Front and rear seats have been Leatheriqued. I was also able to find an e24 seat harness at the junk yard. I tested the seats and seat harness outside of the car but realized the driver seat does not go back and forth. I had to use a square drill bit and drill to move it back and forth but am assuming I can replace that particular motor, right?
                                [/url]
                                Interior tear down begins...

Gas pedal C clip comes out easily with a small flat head.

Pleasantly surprised to see that almost all of the interior cabin is covered in thick sound deadening. No wonder the car is so quiet on the inside!

This is definitely a NO RUST car. First owner was a doctor's wife who owned it for 20+ years IIRC... It's also nice to see that all the stock sound deadening material is still in good condition after 30 years (not brittle and soft)!

Driver side is complete. Removed old e23 seat harness with memory and replaced it with the e24 one. Cleaned up all the unnecessary wiring after the 5 speed conversion. Lastly re-ran component speaker wiring...

That's it for now. Still need to finish up the interior, recover door panels and deck lid, re-do audio system, repair front seized caliper, fix exhaust leak, re-install front bumper, install BBS rear spoiler, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X