e23 love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e23 love...

It all started a year ago, one week right before I was scheduled to bring my e28 to the shop for new paint and euro bumpers, and then this crap happens. Long story short, a young mustang owner plows into me after fish tailing his car the opposite way, does a hit and run, and then has his mom report the car stolen 8 hours later. WTF is wrong with people these days?!

This

to this.

Not sure why I didn't get another e28 at the time, but I ended up selling all my euro parts and wheels at crackhead prices. Talk about sellers remorse!

In the next couple of days, I ended up buying this e23 off of Craigslist without even knowing too much about it. I just knew it had the same m30 as my e28, but this time around, the paint was much nicer. It originally belonged to a doctor's wife in Santa Cruz the first 20 years, then some chick in Los Altos for the other 7 years or so. The car had full docs and over $25K in maintenance records.

Although this e23 was not euro spec'd, it had almost perfect paint and the interior looked mint.

Old school BMWs seemed to have nicer leather because all the leather was still supple with no cracks.

Interior was so retro I loved it.

Number one priority was to ditch the US diving boards. In the e28 world, new euro bumpers are expensive as hell and sourcing used ones is getting harder and harder to find. In the e23 world, euro bumpers are also rare to find, but somewhat cheaper. Lucky for me, I was able to grab a set of euro bumpers rather quickly...

and bam.

Unlike e28s, new spoiler replicas (like hartge and alpina) are not available for the e23 and are almost impossible to find too. Then I found some local guy on Craiglist selling on authentic BBS spoiler. I picked it up on Oakland and brought this home.

That's about it for now. I got a few more upgrades in the works so I'll try to keep you guys posted.

Here's a random picture of the car being towed away to Performance Technic in Pleasanton after one of the front wheel bearings went out. By this time, the car has already been lowered on Billy Sports and mtech springs. Car will be much lower sooner than later...

I really love how clean an retro this is!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Wow crazy clean 7 series.
      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

really sorry on the e28. looked very nice. but this is super nice as well. im in

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Wow thats way cleaner than mine and yeah, I have the same interior and the leather so insanely nice, especially after treating it with leatherique. Way nicer than the leather on my e39 or e24

These cars are built just was well as an e28, mine as at 250k and everything works and it drives great.
          Jealous of how clean yours is though!

That auto transmission sucks although doesn't it

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
            Wow thats way cleaner than mine and yeah, I have the same interior and the leather so insanely nice, especially after treating it with leatherique. Way nicer than the leather on my e39 or e24

These cars are built just was well as an e28, mine as at 250k and everything works and it drives great.
            Jealous of how clean yours is though!

That auto transmission sucks although doesn't it
            Autotragic sucks but I do have a g265 and diff sitting in the garage. Hopefully I can have the shop install it next year or so since I can't do it myself.

Last week I threw some early chrome mirrors on and am putting together front coilovers to match the rears.

I am still waiting on some parts and will probably swap out these 8" springs for something a little shorter. Car probably won't be "stanced" but it will be somewhat low.

Here's how it compares to an e36 with Billy Sports and 1 coil cut from H&R race springs.

Comment

Darren, nice to see you start a thread on here. Don't hide that beauty from the public. Lol.
              Originally posted by Kielan
              I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Did the mustang driver get jail time for insurance fraud/hit and run?

Looks great mane, I love how mean that front looks.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                  Darren, nice to see you start a thread on here. Don't hide that beauty from the public. Lol.
                  Thanks Eric. You're still the man tho!

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                  Did the mustang driver get jail time for insurance fraud/hit and run?
                  Of course not. I ID'd the guy's license plate at the time of the incident, but that didn't even matter. The mustang came out of a Townhouse complex and several of the residents said they knew exactly who the a$$hole was and said he drove like that often. My insurance even went after the individual, but couldn't even get a claim since the car was reported stolen.

The lesson to be learned here if it ever happens to anyone else is get the license plate number AND make sure you can ID the driver's face. I was so focused on getting his plate number, I didn't pay attention to his facial details. If you can place him at the scene, then I don't think they can pull that phony car stolen bullshiet.

Comment

that sucks that you got fucked over like that^

I don't believe in jesus or karma or none of that shit but if someone rampages around in life acting like a 14 year old on call of duty( which is probably about the type of guy that dude is) eventually they'll get whats coming to him.... so hopefully you can take some solace in that?
                    Aleast you got a nice little upgrade e23 is a nice step up from an e28

Comment

Awesome stuff dude!

Sorry about the E28
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

I threw on my custom coilovers today using Eibach 6" 600lbs springs and I'm at the exact same ride height as before with the bottom perch all the way down?!

Originally, I was on Billy Sports with Mtech springs with 1 coil cut. The Mtech springs were 10 1/4" tall. The coilover spring and regular spring both sat on the original bottom perch. When I installed the threaded sleeve, I simply trimmed away the stock bottom perch and have the sleeve sitting on the cut away "stump."

Any suggestions I could do to get it about 2" lower? Would going from 6" to 4" coilover springs be too short?

BTW, I even trimmed away the inner bumpstop like NegativeCamber suggested too...

Comment

An 300lbs 6" spring will sit lower than an 600lbs 6" spring.
                          Depending on how much shock travel you have now, you could go for a 4" spring. If shock travel is needed, you can shorten the strut and insert a smaller shock.

Looks great tho. keep it up.
                          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Nice e23, in to see how it turns out

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I would suggest doing what zic said, and cut the struts and put in shorter shocks so you can mount the perches lower.

You have a beautiful e23.

Comment

Working...
                              X