190e chopped springs issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 190e chopped springs issues

hi guys , dont kno if anyone can help me out here but since ive cut my springs my steering gets very notchy and makes a binding sound , thing is it only starts after driving for about ten mins and it only feels like its the drivers side ..... ive also noticed that, that side seems to have gotten lower ... pls help this is my first merc and im not really clued up on these yet . thank in advance .....

lol
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
      lol
      thanks ,, think u might of helped me sort the problem dude

Comment

How many coils did you cut?
        Did you upgrade your shocks/struts to accommodate the drop?

Comment

get new springs or coilovers and lower it properly you dun goofed

Comment

Originally posted by zephyrueffer View Post
            How many coils did you cut?
            Did you upgrade your shocks/struts to accommodate the drop?
            when i got the car it was already on lowering springs ,they looked pretty new as did the shocks so i kind of assumed the shocks would've been replaced at the same time .the guy i got the car from had all his work done at workshops ,he was not a car guy so i also assumed the correct length shocks are fitted. i kno this could all be wrong . i cut out 2 coils from the front and took the pads out ,top and bottom . please dont shoot me down if ive done everything wrong. These cars are pretty hard to find stuff out about and i needed lows , i was planning on bagging it real soon but ive just had to get some other things done and now its going to have to wait .
            i do want this car done right so now im going to do coilovers ,probably e36 ones although im not sure if these work properly can anyone help me with this , ive read so many contrasting write ups in threads , or someone on a build thread will get write up to the point when they are going to fit them ,and then you here no more ,,,,ggrrr ,,,,
            right now though ,although i no its completely the wrong thing to do ,i have cut my coils and i can't buy any coilovers for a few weeks and i dont want anything bad to happen to my baby , balljoints ive heard can be pretty disastrous if they go ... cheer's for replying ...hope you can help
            Last edited by slim chance; 07-18-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

People who don't own these old mercs don't know about the suspension. Cutting springs is perfectly fine.
              First thing i'd do is put the spring pads back on. They keep the springs from slipping out and to keep the metal on metal grinding noise down. I've also never heard of spring pads on the bottom of the springs, only the top.
              Also, when you cut the springs, did you loosen/ remove any bolts? The sound could be from a loose bolt in the suspension. Also check the front strut mounts for cracking,since that also causes noises.
              As for coilovers, Yellowspeed racing and ground control makes them for the car's but they cost quite a lot of money.
              If you want more info, i'd recommend checking out 190rev.net

Comment

Working...
              X