Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 MR2 Supercharged... almost stanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I can't wait to see this thing sitting right.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have the Zoopseal for the lips and my 195/40/16 S.Drives sitting in my garage now, I'm going to do my best to have everything assembled by Monday night when I go back to school but who knows
      1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
      Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Mini-update in the OP, I'm going to Home Depot to pick up RTV and Loctite blue now, wheels will be assembled tonight and tires will be mounted tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Small update in the OP including these helladumpy pics:

Comment

Great job on those wheels man

Comment

come pick up the goddamn battery tie down lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                Great job on those wheels man
                It was a lot of work but the final product is something I could stare at alllll day.

Originally posted by slwrthnu View Post
                come pick up the goddamn battery tie down lol.
                Lol next time I'm at your crib, battery tie-downs will be put on and fenderz will be rolled.

Comment

parts>>>>>>>my face

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand more:

1 - Test Pipe (AW11 MR2)60.00
                  1 - Outer*Tie Rod*Flip Kit (AW11 MR2)60.00
                  1 - Front Roll Center Adjusters (AW11 MR2)80.00
                  1 - Rear Roll Center Adjusters (AW11 MR2)80.00

plus coilovers, clutch, miscellaneous fluids, bolts, alignment and tire mounting, it's going to be just about $2,000

Comment

FINALLYYYYYYY

$1,400 coilovers with 8,000 miles on them for $650.

winzorz

not my pic, my undercarriage does/will look much nicer than that lol

Last update until I have during/after pictures of the installation of all my junk and the car rests on the BBS RSs for the first time

Comment

Ugh, this makes me miss my '88 so much. It was slow as shit (NA auto) but so much fun to drive. Mine also had around the same mileage, in overall good condition. Can't wait to see it slammed on the BBSs!

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
                        Ugh, this makes me miss my '88 so much. It was slow as shit (NA auto) but so much fun to drive. Mine also had around the same mileage, in overall good condition. Can't wait to see it slammed on the BBSs!
                        Thanks man!

I tell all of my friends that this is THE most fun sub 200hp or sub 100mph trap-speed car they will EVER drive and most of them doubt it until they drive it! There's just something about it.

Anyways, this is how the car looks now, neither of the people in this pic are me You can see the BBSs peeking out in the back-right and the coilovers in the front-right.

Coilovers, bushings, brakes, etc etc etc are 99% done, I'm going to finish them up now on all 4 corners, then I'm turning the car around in the garage so the ass end is facing out so I can drop the motor and do the clutch!

Moar updates tonight or tomorrow showing the 100% new or refreshed suspension and brakes on all four corners

Comment

!!!!!! so close!

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

progresssssssss

from this:

to this:

TO THIS!!!!!

Doesn't look TOO low in the pic but the tires are just about even with the fenders, tucking a HAIR in the rear.

All suspenzionz are done, 2 out of the 4 corners have the brakes all hooked up and shit (was too anxious to lower the car and see how it would look to hook the other stuff up lol) and now she's lowwww. Just about even with my waistline, maybe 1-1.5" higher. Remember that the tires on the car now are over an inch "taller" than the ones that'll be on the BBSs (not accounting for stretch) so it'll be even lower. I also have a good 1.5-2" of coil left to spin them down if need be.

Lastly, I put the camber bolts on all 4 corners at full negative just to see what it would look like and ZOMGGG hahaha

Soooooo many camberzz, that is the rear, the front is a littleee less. I only plan on running 3* on all 4 corners so that is clearly possible (WITHOUT rear camber plates!).

So yeah, suspension is done, brakes need minimal work, I took out the intercooler and some other stuff tonight to prepare to do the clutch on Saturday. I hope to have the car registered and inspected by Tuesday night, I have to bolt the BBSs together before it can be aligned, though (these tires are all sorts of fucked up from a drift event lol).

EEEEEMR2 is coming along nicely

Comment

nice man looking sweet

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

BBShits are sealed up hellanice, got it in there all nice and deep-like:

All 8 mating surfaces look like that (perfect), I'll be going over each of them once in 12-24hrs just to make myself feel better though

Tirez go on Monday afternoon

Then they'll be put on my sister's Versa

The MR2 will be out and about (registered and shit) HOPEFULLY on Thursday the 17th, the only part I need is a new AFM/MAF which seems to be an imaginary item because I can't find one ANYWHERE that isn't $250 on eBay

Comment

Working...
                                X