Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed - bagging Mitsi Evo X

Hi,

I'm not new to airbags, but don't have experience with strut setups, and am looking for the pros and cons of various options for bagging a Lancer evo ten. Air management will likely be Accuair e-level, so its just the options or strut bags to decide, and here's the short list so far:

a) KSport bolt-in kit (anyone have personal experience with these? any good? quality of build good and ride quality any good?)
    b) D2 bolt-in kit (same questions/concerns as above)
    c) Universal Air "Aero Sport" bags adapted to the coilovers currently on it
    d) Other airbags that can be adapted to coilovers?
    e) adapt a universal strut? which brand and type?
    f) other options?

Main purchasing criteria are quality of parts and quality of ride/performance. The owner is going to daily it, but wants it to be able to sit on the ground when needed (yes there's going to be some cutting involved). A full bolt-in setup for the struts is preferable, but not if the ride is going to be bad (which is my main concern with brands like Ksport and D2). I can design and fabricate whatever is needed to make parts work, but if there's a simple solution already out there that can be fitted off the shelf, I'm not going to reinvent the wheel.

Any advice/input greatly appreciated. Cheers,

Nick
    sigpic
    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

KSport, D2, and AirForce are all made in the same factory. They just have different branding. AirREX is another option for you and their struts will start out at just over $2,000 for a set. I would say the majority of our customers with Evos have bought either AirForce or AirREX setups because there really aren't any other companies out there that make bolt on setups.

If you feel like getting fancy, you can always do an Air Lift universal setup. We used those struts on Kevin's Subaru before Air Lift released their Subaru kits and the ride was amazing with a bunch of lift.

Bag-over-coils are good if you are looking to cut cost a bit but they won't ride as nice as an actual air strut setup and there is a potential for the coils to wear quicker than normal.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
    X