The Mullet Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mullet Machine

Well guys, since the AMG is down for now ( blown motor and blown trans ) and I don't have the cash to fix it, I decided to "Stance" my 89 Camaro RS the best I can. This will be a long first post as I've had the car for 4 years now.

This is how I bought the car in March of 2009 at 16 years old. For $900 and it needed a motor.

Then one night after taking my ex home, I backed into a Jeep. Needless to say, the Jeep didn't have a mark on it.

It was worth it as I got IROC/Z28 tails afterwords.

Then a few weeks later with a grille and one of the exhaust tips rusted off.

I got a new exhaust setup from the junkyard for $10.

Put my Dad's knock off Draglites on it. Took these pics with my ex.

Then I picked up a T-Top overhead console from a 85 Camaro.

Then to dick around my buddy had a 18" wide slick that we put next to my car.

Car got painted in my backyard November 2010. DuPont Tomato Red was the color. I'll have to dig up the pics of the process.

Then I graduated high school in 2011 and with my graduation money I bought a 87 IROC 350, I had the intentions of swapping in the 350TPI, but it had 175k miles, trans didn't work and it needed more work than it was worth to swap. So I parted it, and traded parts off.
    $850 got me this:

I snagged the sway bars, Wonder bar, steering box, IROC wheels, and the 145MPH speedo from it.

This was one of my stock end links, nasty.

The 87 had a B&M Ratchet shifter, I didn't like that thing at all and sold it.

Had a photo shoot with some friends one day.

Sometimes I **** the T-Tops, some times I love them.

Then, with intentions of a 500HP SBC my buddy had, I bought 15x10 Draglites.

When he didn't come though with it, I sold the wheels. Sold them for more than I paid, so I was happy.

I bought a 74 260Z, had intentions of a LSX swap, but the motor failed in the Camaro and I needed a car, so I sold it to a good friend for $1,500, I miss that car.

I sold it to buy my AMG, which you can check out in my build thread.

Eventually I got tired of the terrible MPG in the AMG, so I fixed my Camaro. I bought a 88k miles 95 3.4 V6. 160/200, because racecar.

Then we started the swap.

Every gasket on the motor has been replaced.

New ignition stuff.

Water pump too.

3.4 being torn down.

Then putting it in the car.

Traded that 350 for some GM louvers. And got a new exhaust setup again, for $10 from the junkyard.

I bought a set of NOS GM turn signals for it, I've got a 91-92 chin spoiler I'm going to modify and install when I repaint the car. Some asshats hit the front and rear pumper in the garage. I also bought a set of coil-overs for the front, and I ordered springs for them today. I'll take pictures of those tomorrow, springs in the rear will be cut, and then new pics will be taken. Still haven't decided what wheels I wanna go with, I was thinking ACS Type 1s but I dunno.

But that's where she is right now, my springs should be here before Friday, so this weekend it'll be low, and I mean LOW. Wanna push the limit of this chassis and see what happens.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
    And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Not a bad build up so far. I just really wanna see the limits pushed on that chassis.
    The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

i always kind of hoped id see a thread for this after its guest appearances in the amg build thread.
      Never would have guess we were the same age though haha.

I dunno I like mullet machines i'm from fucking texas. Excited to see it on the ground

Comment

I love the underrated box camaros, can't wait to this thing on its belly.
        So glad you didn't ruin that s30 too.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
          i always kind of hoped id see a thread for this after its guest appearances in the amg build thread.
          Never would have guess we were the same age though haha.

I dunno I like mullet machines i'm from fucking texas. Excited to see it on the ground
          Same here lol.
          Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          I love the underrated box camaros, can't wait to this thing on its belly.
          So glad you didn't ruin that s30 too.
          I actually wanted to fix the L28 N/A-T that was in it, but it never happened.

Good news, my springs will be in tomorrow, so I'll have the car dropped this weekend.
          Last edited by RubbderDucky; 06-25-2013, 07:20 AM.

And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rubbderducky View Post
            same here lol.

I actually wanted to fix the l28 n/a-t that was in it, but it never happened.

Good news, my springs will be in tomorrow, so i'll have the car dropped this weekend.
            yes yes yes !!!!

Comment

In to see more. I kind have a thing for this chassis.
              Sup. Call me Z.
              My Accord "build".

Comment

Look what came in today. I'm missing the nut for one of the struts, so I gotta find that, but they should be going on this weekend.

Swapped in some newer injectors the other day.

And I snapped a quick picture of it when I left work today.

Comment

Finally got my coils on. Still need a shit ton of rubber bushings for the front. Ordering those today.

She's about a 1/2in lower in the front and rear. I've got another 1/2 to go on the coils but that will come after I get new bushings in, I need to cut the rear springs too.

I'm thinking some Diamond Racing 17x9 and 17x10 black steelies and painting the tire lettering yellow.

Comment

Being low claimed its first victim today.

Then I found out the jacks at my parents were all too tall, so I have to figure something out.

And I picked this thing up too, brand new, still in the plastic for $350. .45 auto

Comment

man that is the worst camaro body they made. actually the 90s ones were pretty bad too. you should have just sold the car to get money for the amg imo. good luck though, it's not easy to make those cars look good.

Comment

Having your jacks not fit under your car is by far the worst part about going low. I personally drive in to the grass, on a piece of wood, then on to a cinder block, which lets me put my jack w/o the plate underneath the car, which sucks a whole lot.
                        '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                        '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
                        '01 BMW 740iL
                        Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Originally posted by ajnardo View Post
                          man that is the worst camaro body they made. actually the 90s ones were pretty bad too. you should have just sold the car to get money for the amg imo. good luck though, it's not easy to make those cars look good.
                          Don't need to get money for the AMG, I can build both.

Originally posted by bennkishh View Post
                          Having your jacks not fit under your car is by far the worst part about going low. I personally drive in to the grass, on a piece of wood, then on to a cinder block, which lets me put my jack w/o the plate underneath the car, which sucks a whole lot.
                          What's funny is the 500 rides lower, but I can fit jacks under it, Camaro I can't.

Comment

Coming along nicely, and no diamond steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by Skraight. View Post
                              Coming along nicely, and no diamond steelies.

^ Ha ha, thats sig worthy.
                              cheap/junk/fads/build
                              HVLP
                              4 LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X