X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My english essay: StanceWorks the movement

My silly essay, input, critics are welcome,

Keep in mind that english is not my native language, enjoy, laugh?

StanceWorks, HellaFlush, Poke, Stretched Tires, Stickers?

Some in the car tuner's world think that it's the next new fad like others before it that it will go away eventually , others like me love the movement, because that's exacly what it is, just another way for some car enthusiasts to express themselves with their cars regardless of actual functionality, but the car purist's, you know the ones that their motto is " Function over fashion" crap dont like anything other than what is allready established and accepted by most as the right thing to do to our automoviles being cosmetic upgrades or performance wise, just **** on it for no reason. They just do not apccept anything that is out of the ordinary or that it doesnt make any sence in their mind, but we keep slamming our cars to the ground even thought we know that the road's here are at best described as crappy, use wide wheels with narrow tires again knowing that they will get damaged while driving around, but hey we love it. Most that will read this will not have a clue of what is it that I'm talking about so let's start this topic

Like you all know cars are made either in asia, europe and in the USA, most people that modify their cars do it because theire car enthusiast's, sadly most modify them by copying of other's style and modifications which means that eventually they all look the same, the JDM crowd with their stickers, amber corners and small loud colored wheels, the Euro crowd with their OEM parts and expensive wheels, and the HotRod crowd with their engine upgrades and huge back tires and sucky brakes, so what I am saying is that if you want to be accepted by the "cool car crowd" you have to follow guidelines in regards of your car maker, if you go out of this guidelines youre a "ricer" a term used in the car community to decribe people or cars that do not look good to most people in the car world and sadly if youre labeled this way youre an outcast you will be ridiculed at every car event you go to , but how did it get this way? Let's start from the beggining, I mean the beginning of the motor car, from the moment man put a internal combustion engine, man has been trying to modify it in some way shape or form, making it faster, making it handle better, making it look better, that lead to the formation of motor car races, all street car modifications are derivered from racing, thats why racing is a huge business, most of the gainings come from the parts that they develop for racing and sell to the public for their street cars, so this is the problem that is the cause of the lack of immagination when it comes to modifying cars, if it doent look, or have expensive JDM or DTM race car parts that are usseless and over kill for a street car then you cant hang with the cool kids on thursday night's at the Toys r Us parking lot, but what happens when the mold is broken, when you have ideas that are over the top, that you have this crazy idea that all cars regardless of make can hang together because after all were all car enthusiast's, well that why some people call it a movement

It started in europe about 20 years ago with all because of a law that basically said that your tires could not stick out beyong the car body, so how did enthusiast's that wanted to run wide wheells on theyre small volkswagens get aroung this, simple put skinny tire's in the wide wheels and lower the car so much that the tires themselves are not visible anymore, this trend went mainly unnoticed to the rest of the word for the next 15 years, then the Japanese started doing this to their JDM cars, and also put their flavor to the trend, since everybody in the car world think the japanese are the trendsetters when it comes to cars, I mean they gave us Toyotas, people were discusted at what they were seeing, cars so low that they cant make it over a 2 inch speedbump, tires so small theyre almost invisible, they didnt coprehend that everything that was the norm for car modifications, the rules that you were supposed to follow were being broken forever, then some people in the US started doing it and they put theire own flavor to the trend, again defying the purist's on the car magazines and blog's, they were asking why is this cool? why is that BMW all rusted up with 4000$ wheels on it? why is that VW Rabbit with small wheels in the front and wide wheels in the back? because it's called individuallity and immagination, and now is a worldwide fenomenon, the god awful Fast and Furious days are all but gone now thank god.

So yeah this for most people this is a dumb subject, just like I think talking about Rap music is a stupid subject to be arguing about, but I personally feel very strong about this not for the fact that I like this trend but I know that for the car folk's this is a heated argument in every forum and blog, and since I'm an avid car enthusiast it is something that I like to talk about, but what my big point in all this matter is that every person that like's this expensive hobby of modifying cars we need to be tolerant of others peoples choices in how they go about their car build, you dont have to agree with it but you cant be negative to other people's choices and impose your view of things on others, if you dont like something you can say it and have and opinion about it, but think first that we all are car people and that's the important thing the love for the hobby.

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

wait what? did you write this essay for a class? I'm glad you stated it is not your native language, because your sentence structure scares me. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_Gud. View Post
      wait what? did you write this essay for a class? I'm glad you stated it is not your native language, because your sentence structure scares me. lol.
      Yes is my english class, do know spanish and german alot better,,,, but ill learn eventually

Comment

cliff notes?

Comment

Originally posted by cabezzz View Post
          Yes is my english class, do know spanish and german alot better,,,, but ill learn eventually
          yeah you'll get the hang of it. From what I hear, its a very hard language after all.

Comment

tl;dr

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynolite View Post
              tl;dr
              Allen
              flickr / Twitter/Instagram

Comment

LOL I actually did read it, I just felt like throwing that up there

I like the ideas a lot that you have in there. If you're getting marked down for grammar then you'll be nicked quite a bit for that.

Comment

Your english is okay - better than some native speakers I've seen, lol. As you hang on the boards / internet more and more, it will improve over time, because you constantly have to use it here.

You raise some interesting points in your essay, however, there's actually some wrong facts in there.

The Japanese did not only start doing this five years ago like you claim. They have been stretching tires and slamming cars for over 20 years at best guess. IIRC from what I've gathered over the years reading shit on the Internet, they started doing stuff like this back in the 70ies actually.

In Germany, and Europe, this has been around since the 80ies really, before then it was all about the widest wheels and tires you could fit (which actually led to the infamous Rieger, Koenig and Co. widebodies from the late 80ies to the early 90ies) - going for stretch was a logical evolution, because they were always trying to fit even wider wheels and this led to them having to stretch the tires to comply with the laws, as you stated.

You also make it sound as if the whole movement started 20 years ago. This is not true. Stretching and slamming has def. been around that long, but the movement you speak of is a pretty recent thing. Not until the last few years has this been labeled as a specific style, in the past it was just a part of the usual modding style, but not really the main focus of the people.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

i don't think his english professor will know otherwise

i just got home from class. no way in hell am i reading that much right now.

www.effineuro.com

Comment

OW it hurts to read..

Comment

Thanks guys, already gave it to the professor and needless to say I need work doing these, and thanks for the clarifications about the trend, im the only Bimmer apart from a few VWs that are stanced down here,, the **** down here is strong towards us lol, but I love it

Comment

holy moly spam bot bump. reported

Comment

Working...
                          X