'31 Model A Ratrod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '31 Model A Ratrod

Building is the fun part for me, once the build is finished I usually get bored and move on to the next. Just seeing what else is out there. I've had the car for almost 4 years, used to drive it year around until I moved to Kansas. After the top end rebuild in 2011, I have around $11k, in the car. I'm getting out of the Army at the end of the year and already have to figure out how to get 5 cars back to Texas, so looking to downsize or possibly trade for something cool/more practical.

1931 Ford Model A
    100% steel body
    Rusty, but no rot. Still has original paint in the back half of the cab.
    Originally a 4 Door Sedan. Was cut down into a 2 door and chopped. Cab was sitting inside some guys house for decades. Super clean. A few small pinholes but that's about it.
    Lexan windows (windshield, 1/4, and rear only)
    *Clear Texas title in my name. Titled as a 1931 Ford Model A.
    **Car is registered as an Antique.
    ***It is low, loud, bare bones, and not for the faint of heart.

Drivetrain:
    1965 327ci SBC
    -.40 over
    -Custom roller cam conversion (I don't have paperwork for the cam)
    -.550 lift springs (new)
    -883 Heads
    -Weiand Dual high rise intake
    -Dual Holley 4160's
    -Walker radiator
    Th350 3 Speed Automatic
    -Cooler mounted under body next to transmission (under passenger seat)
    1967 Camaro 8.2 Rear end (drum)
    -Open rear end
    -3.3x ring gear

The bad:
    -Rear main seal leaks a little. It's been leaking for a few years, but not bad enough for me to replace. IMO.
    -Transmission pan leaks a little sometimes when sitting for a long period of time.. A new pan gasket would fix this, but it is very minimal.
    -Has a few bad valve guide seals. I didn't replace them when I put the new springs in, and now it smokes slightly while idling only! This is not a ring problem. Motor makes great compression, and does not smoke during acceleration.
    -Rear wheels are not 100% true. They are balanced as well as can be, but I would have them trued ($45 a wheel).
    -Electric fan randomly comes on with the ignition OFF. I just unplug it (right off the fan).

Interested in the following trades:
    -Volvo Amazon - 2 door only
    -e24/e28 - other 80's BMW's
    -Anything unique/different really.

Have never thought about selling it outright, or even getting rid of it, but that's an option too.

Thanks
    Ryan

So fucking awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Have a set of super clean 35/36 bucket headlights for it as well (original 6v sealed lights still in them). It has retrofitted tractor lights on it right now.

I **** newer cars, so I'm really interested in anything old and cool. Willing to trade down, given cash is involved. Can't really trade up right now. All my funds are tied up in my turbo 5.3 volvo wagon build at the moment.
      Last edited by w00dst0ck; 06-21-2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I'm in Manhattan too haha how much would you be looking to sell it for? I may have a friend who would be interested.

Comment

$9.5k would be my rock bottom price. I have well over that invested. And with a little work, the value would be in the high teens.

Everyone I know would probably shun me for selling it. I've never met anyone that didn't aboslutely love it, but in the end I just don't get to enjoy it much anymore.

Comment

Alright I'll pass the info on

Comment

Where are you located? Kansas?

Comment

Yeah, currently. About 1.5 hrs west of Kansas City.

Comment

Originally posted by w00dst0ck View Post
                  $9.5k would be my rock bottom price. I have well over that invested. And with a little work, the value would be in the high teens.

Everyone I know would probably shun me for selling it. I've never met anyone that didn't aboslutely love it, but in the end I just don't get to enjoy it much anymore.
                  Pretty cool dude.

If someone is trying to buy a 'rod like this and is looking for paper work, then they need to go look at something else lol
                  I dislike Byron.

Comment

This is nice! If I work out a deal for another E28 before this is gone I might be hitting you up.

How big is the gas tank? What is the range on a tank of gas driving normal?
                    DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                    E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

I have that black bagged e28 if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X