Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many pictures look like this , what settings ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many pictures look like this , what settings ?

Ive seen a lot of photos with this "look" its a dark old style looking edit . Ive got cs5 and lightroom and a lot of programs to use just trying to teach myself how to obtain that certain look . I'm in no way trying to steal anybody's look , just thought it would be nice to know what settings people are using .
    Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
    My E28 Build

The closest I've ever been able to get to that look is in photoshop. Add about .0375 offset and then 70 contrast or however much you want

Comment

you can also add a new layer, Screen, fill with color of your choice, then mess with the opacity and fill.

like so
      @profitable on Instagram

FlickR

Comment

If you have lightroom, lower the Vibrance and pump up the blacks and shadows.

Comment

The best way I've found so far was to either adjust the exposure offset towards positive (doesn't take much) or make an S-Curve and slide the lower left point up a bit.

I'm definitely going to have to try the screen layer, those look great.

Comment

The easiest way I think is in curves. When looking at the diagonal line just lift the bottom left point directly up and the very top right one down a little but. But make sure you adjust this before anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by JCanright View Post
              The easiest way I think is in curves. When looking at the diagonal line just lift the bottom left point directly up and the very top right one down a little but. But make sure you adjust this before anything else.
              This works really well but you'll have to increase the contrast a good bit. Or just bump the shadows up.

Edit: I did this really quick earlier and it's pretty much all the advice mentioned in this thread lol.

SW by McSlothin, on Flickr
              Last edited by Grocery Cart; 06-26-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grocery Cart View Post
                This works really well but you'll have to increase the contrast a good bit. Or just bump the shadows up.

Edit: I did this really quick earlier and it's pretty much all the advice mentioned in this thread lol.

SW by McSlothin, on Flickr
                Color correcting will also help with the look, everything takes practice.
                Keenan
                Flickr!
                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X