Cutt springs anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    ...but let's leave the meritless arguments to our own individual thoughts.
    Well put... Let not turn this into all the other forums out there...

Back to the topic...

As long as the springs are sitting on the perches right the only problems with rocking cut springs is bottoming out the stock shocks and blowing them... or going so low you are on bump stops... I have cut more springs (some of them being lowering springs) on more cars then I can count because of a few reasons and number 1 reason is always MORE LOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
      I've got coils in the front, lowering springs in the rear. Bought new rears because there are more dead coils. This is what happened within 24 hours of getting the box in the mail

Putting in work. Adda boy.
      Last edited by NELSON09; 03-05-2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

yea, ive rocked cut springs a few times, and as soon as my spacers come in, im cutting a coil off lol

Comment

Originally posted by CARADDICT View Post
          Howzit guys,

How do ya'll feel about cutt springs? I'm a bit strapped for cash and really need to stance my baby (99 A4 1.8T fwd) so i can start posting some pics of her. Let me know your views.

Cheers.
          YOU'VE got a good turn out on this thread here
          Last edited by NELSON09; 03-05-2010, 03:12 PM. Reason: ...see post #55

Comment

Originally posted by NELSON09 View Post
            Putting in work. Adda boy.
            That's a buddy of mine doing all the dirty work lol.

I'll be chopping another one off this weekend, and spinning the front coils down a little more. Can't wait.

Comment

I'll be chopping another one off this weekend, and spinning the front coils down a little more. Can't wait.
              DOOOOPE. I am a friend of more low

Comment

well i was hopeing to get my suspention sorted out this month, but Matt you seen the girls new car so that sucked up all my moneys. damn wagon will have to wait some more to get low.

Comment

i cut my spring but with a lilttle mod on the shock. make it shorter and lil bit shift.

Comment

How do you cut the rear springs on a e36? serious question

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Cut springs are just a bad investment. You may spend less in the short run, but if you plan on keeping your car for a while, it's a bad move IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
                        Well put... Let not turn this into all the other forums out there...

Back to the topic...

As long as the springs are sitting on the perches right the only problems with rocking cut springs is bottoming out the stock shocks and blowing them... or going so low you are on bump stops... I have cut more springs (some of them being lowering springs) on more cars then I can count because of a few reasons and number 1 reason is always MORE LOW!
                        This is why you cut the bumpstop.

Comment

Originally posted by NELSON09 View Post
                          YOU'VE got a good turn out on this thread here
                          Thanks dude,

I knew I came to the right place to post my question. Didn't know the turnout would be like this though. Now I know where it's all at. Stanceworks all the way baby!!

My car is a work in progress, so expect more questions to pop up in the future. By the look of things, I'll probably dedicate my car to this site seeing that it'll be all of you helping me to get where I want to be. Big up to all you guys!!

Comment

Working...
                          X