This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by famsedan View Post
    Anyone have an idea what these pups are? I thought they were Futuras at first but they have more of a Meister SR1 spoke shape. Less of a star and more of a five spoke ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Hamann PG1
    Car and wheel info:
    We received pictures of this car over on our facebook page, and we instantly fell in love with it. The fitment on his thing is absolutely perfect. Right amount of stretch & poke, and a perfect drop! As trendy and played out that roof rack may be, the car is…

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• tumblr_ovsmvi3KS01qfqvowo1_540.jpg

18x9ish, 5x120. Trying to help a friend figure out what they are, came on his e36 M3. Any input?
      -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
      -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
      -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
      -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

• looks like Niche to me

Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Need help Identifying wheels. Looks similar to vip modular vx110 but different. This is the only photo I have.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GSXXX; 09-30-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone identify this 12 spoke three piece BBs that I have on my Viper ACR. They are 18 x 11 front and 19 x 15 rear. They are mag centers. Nobody has seen a 12 spoke BBs and I cannot find anything on the BBs website. They show as "custom" when we look them up by the serial number. I know of one other pair that was made for a matching ACR convertible and both cars were shown at SEMA in 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wearymicrobe View Post
              Can anyone identify this 12 spoke three piece BBs that I have on my Viper ACR. They are 18 x 11 front and 19 x 15 rear. They are mag centers. Nobody has seen a 12 spoke BBs and I cannot find anything on the BBs website. They show as "custom" when we look them up by the serial number. I know of one other pair that was made for a matching ACR convertible and both cars were shown at SEMA in 2010.
              Looks like BBS E16. Magnesium faces.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoo View Post
                Looks like BBS E16. Magnesium faces.
                Aren't E16 faces much smaller?

With the "custom" information from BBS, and the fact the only 2 sets known were on SEMA cars, they're probably truly custom. How confident are you they're magnesium and not aluminum?

Comment

• Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
                  Aren't E16 faces much smaller?

With the "custom" information from BBS, and the fact the only 2 sets known were on SEMA cars, they're probably truly custom. How confident are you they're magnesium and not aluminum?
                  I typed everything thinking Wearymicrobe asked the question.

To the OP, Wearymicrobe:
                  What is the part number on the faces?
                  I see 021XXXX
                  The number after 02 is the model name. Usually.
                  As far as Mg vs Al - I am fairly certain it is MG.
                  To test, pull the wheel off, put a drop of vinegar on bare metal(backpad or lug nut area). Aluminum will not react in any visible way. Magnesium will.
                  Last edited by zoo; 11-08-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Getting a better look at the pictures, I agree, looks like magnesium, based on the indented text near the lug holes.

I thought these looked familiar... turns out I tried to buy a set about a year ago but could never get in contact with the seller:

If you search "BBS Viper" on Google images you'll see a lot of pictures of a car with them (incorrectly identified as BBS LM).

Best I can tell, they were originally made for the Viper Competition Coupe. I don't know if they were optional, maybe for a particular race series, or what. The 12 spoke centers are custom for a Viper. Here's a few examples:

And a couple older cars that seem to have acquired them. Like anything BBS sells, I'm sure you can buy a set if you throw them enough money.
                    Race cars for sale and race cars wanted, rally cars, spares, memorabilia, transporters and pit equipment for sale with on-line photos and spec sheets.

Comment

• Got a ton of info out of someone who was part of the project. The E16 is what put me on the right track.

E16 magnesium faces on custom barrels to clear the 17.3 inch front and rear rotors. The barrels were the most expensive part of the wheel by a LONG shot. It was made to look like the old one piece BBS "LM" wheels off the Gen II ACR as they were going to show it with an older factory car at some point. This last part I think is just bull, I think the guy who had the car built just like BBS wheels and liked the old style.

There were only two sets made though a few other people inquired but were turned back when they saw the price for the custom barrels to clear the brakes and for the larger 11/15 inch barrel widths. Like 3-4K a wheel just for the barrels.

They allegedly came into the shop with gold centers and silver lips but where completely disassembled and painted in the black to match a few other pieces on the car. I wish they were still gold centers but I can fix that. I was told 21,000 all in with tires and the repaint and shipping to get each set done which is why nobody else ponied up for other sets. They moved to the new 10 spoke style and things just kind of got lost in the shuffle.

This is the old style.

Comment

• Can anyone confirm if these wheels are real or fake? I'm guessing fake because it's missing the lip.

Ebay CE28N Wheels

Never mind these wheels are real they are just CE28NF and not the CE28N
                        Last edited by dinh; 11-11-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Hi Everyone, I saw a video on YouTube and I would like to find out what they are as I spent the last two days looking for them. Before I thought about trying here Thank you
                          (The very first CRV FROM 0 SECONDS TO 8 SECONDS)

Last edited by kasalem; 01-22-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• BBS RS Challenge: Date Stamp?

Hey all,

I was able to acquire a set of BBS RS wheels locally for my e30 project.

In the process of restoring them and so far, I have figured out that they are a set of RS012 and RS013 off of a 911. Also, I think the back pad has been milled by about 5mm on both. As you can see from the pics, another bolt pattern was drilled, making IDing them pretty challenging.

It would be a bonus to keep my project era specific (1987) by finding some date stamp. Please help!

On car with 15mm adapters:
                             photo 6DF00A8E-1EF9-40D3-A86E-947CC5F7A5B2_zpsxlazoshb.jpg

wheel 1 RS012 (7jx16 et23)
                             photo BEC6FACB-D1BC-4CF3-B44B-86A10200E430_zpswjnimnfc.jpg

wheel 2 RS012 (7jx16 et23)
                             photo C672B0C2-A935-4CEF-BD94-AFC096CFB3FE_zpspcsxru29.jpg

wheel 3 RS013 (8jx16 et 11)
                             photo 0F7599B4-F671-4998-97CD-72292B8BE5B5_zpsaqmubyfq.jpg

wheel 4 RS013 (8jx16 et 11)
                             photo 7E5046EB-C753-43A0-95E5-7EEB77624439_zpsitwx7qc8.jpg

For reference, here are a nice set for sale on CL (not mine, but stamps are in tact):
                            RS012 (7jx16 et23)
                             photo bbs rs face 2_zpsofj8iq6s.jpg

RS013 (8jx16 et 11)
                             photo bbs rs face 2_zpsofj8iq6s.jpg

Comment

• RSs don't have time stamps as far as i aware of, if you could still read the "RAD Nr" BBS may could tell you more...
                              But since they are redrilled...

The RS 012 and 013 are for the Porsche 911, 930, 944 up to 8/86...
                              The 930 last year of production was 89

So if your car is between these dates, '73 and '89, they could count as correct.

If we go all the way, they are not.., not 5x120 aka could never been on that car.
                              RS 001, 002, 003, 004, 070, 071, 072, 073, 074 (excl. the wide body ones 185 and 186) would be 100%.., if you ask me.

Comment

• Hey guys I'm having the same problem identifying wheels as anyone else. I'm looking at these wheels in the photo below and someone said they might be Rota ss10 or maybe Volks racing ze40 but they don't have the little notches by the lugs so I'm stuck, thanks for your help!IMG_2975.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X