Replacing bbs rs bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing bbs rs bolts

So, I was kind of lazy refinishing my rs and reused my crappy looking bolts. I got a good deal on a set of good ones. Would it be possible to replace one at a time without completely dissassembling the wheel?

Has anyone ever done this?

My plan would be to take one bolt out. Polish the area around the hole, put the new one in, torque to spec, and then repeat but in a star pattern to keep the whole wheel nice and torqued.

Any thoughts? What about tires? (Off or on)

Deflate tire for sure. Stock sealant or have they been refurbed? Should be fine

Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
    [i]I love dressing up!

But no really, I like to look distinguished when I step out of the car. People are like, "wonder what he does for living."
    I just reply, "your daughter, sir."

Massimo: You like the stance cars don't you?

Comment

definitely deflate and then go from there. let them sit fully inflated once your are finished. If it leaks, your taking them apart lol good luck

Comment

QFT for both posts above. When I was much younger and "even stupider" then now, I once started to take apart what I thought was a two piece wheel when in reality it was a 3pc. Needless to say on about bolt number 4-5 of the 20 bolts a insanely loud rush of air split at the wheel debris went everywhere (dirt and such). ALWAYS DEFLATE A TIRE WHEN REMOVING EVEN ONE BOLT... its not worth it lol.

Comment

thanks for the advice. if i go for it ill post here how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
            thanks for the advice. if i go for it ill post here how it goes
            LOL 3 months later.

Comment

Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
              LOL 3 months later.
              Did it work ? I want to do the same thing

Comment

Did it work. I want to do the same thing

Comment

I completely expect this to work. Given that the bolts are only an inch or so apart you are not going to break the seal in such a small area. If you think about the width of the mounting face there is plenty of thickness to stay rigid as you remove them one by one. Good strategy! I am about to build a set of RS for my BMW E9 but am still undecided on whether to step my 16's to 17 or stay at 16".
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  The oldies ~ '70 BMW 2800cs | '86 BMW 635csi | '88 BMW 635csi | '89 BMW 325i | '91 MB 500SL
                  The newies ~ '00 BMW 323iT | '02 Jeep Liberty | '08 Nissan Pathfinder | '12 Audi R8

Comment

Working...
                  X