Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a 03 gixxer 750. getting a 08 CBR 1000 repsol and a 09 R6 when I get home.
    3000GT-Clean daily project.

Comment

Bought this last summer to pass my bike test, will probably keep it for another year before moving on to something bigger. It's a 1989 Yamaha FZR 250...

Comment

I've got a couple, this winter shit is killing me.
        07 GSXR 750

01 GSXR 600

04 CRF50

hey SickSC...you on KCsportbike?

Comment

anyone have a ducati hypermotard?

im thinking about eventually getting one of those or a similar enduro style dirt bike that i can also ride on the streets..

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
          Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
          Originally posted by Kielan
          VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
          ///stanceworks\\\

Comment

Originally posted by dereklynch83 View Post
            Bought this last summer to pass my bike test, will probably keep it for another year before moving on to something bigger. It's a 1989 Yamaha FZR 250...

http://photos2.pix.ie/88/AA/88AA70B0...E86596-800.jpg
            Is that a two-stroke?

Originally posted by two240s View Post
            I've got a couple, this winter shit is killing me.

01 GSXR 600
            http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...s/FH000001.jpg
            That streetfighter is awesome. Do you have any more photos?

Originally posted by sixonefive View Post
            anyone have a ducati hypermotard?
            I haven't owned a Hypermotard, but I've ridden one. It's a nice bike and I really want to love the bike as much as I love the concept of it, but the ergonomics don't work for me. The bike is a bit too skinny for my taste and the reach to the bars is pretty far.

I would suggest you look at a KTM Super Duke before making a final decision. I found it to be a more comfortable bike and the drivetrain is great.

In the interest of full disclosure: Mine suffered a failure of the front brake master cylinder ten days after I bought it, resulting in locked front brakes. The bike ended up underneath a dump truck and I found myself next to the truck. The lessons here are that you should check over any bike you buy, don't trust the dealer completely when they tell you something needs to break in before performing to your expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by two240s View Post
              hey SickSC...you on KCsportbike?
              yessir, im makaveli on there...havent really posted since 08 since thats when my bike was stolen...and '10 will be my first season back to ride!

Comment

This is my hooptie.

The only reason I own it is because I scored it for $500, I don't even have an M-endorsement. Needs to have the carbs cleaned so once I'm done with the Ruckus I'm going to get on that, get it running, get bike license, then sell it and look for a CB750.

I dig the FZR250. How is that thing so much better looking than my 250 even though it's like 14 years older?

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/u...file/

Comment

Is that a two-stroke?
                  Nope, it's an inline 4 cylinder 16v 4-stroke, revs to about 18,000rpm, sounds absolutely nuts!

I dig the FZR250. How is that thing so much better looking than my 250 even though it's like 14 years older?
                  Cheers! Although it shows it's age a bit more on the design of the rear, it's more blocky in design than the more modern bikes!

Comment

sure do. It's pretty bad, this things been sitting for almost a year and a half now. Built it 2 winters ago and it stopped running on the #1 cylinder. Spent who knows how many hours diagnosing it and lost motivation. Just got it figured out and running good like 2 weeks ago. I'm ready to get some miles on it now.

I've got a whole new front end for it too, USD forks and probably a new headlight.

So what do you ride Smitty? you never said...

Comment

That bike is bitchin'. I love the colors and it looks more like a European streetfighter than anything I've seen domestically. What was wrong with Cylinder 1?

Last summer, I ordered a BMW S 1000 RR which is on a boat crossing the Atlantic as we speak. It's in the Motorsport graphics and should look exactly like this:

I posted the Ducati SportClassic above. It's in the basement and hibernating until spring. Here are some shots from when I brought it home:

The bike is a 2007 with ~1,500 miles on it. The previous owner didn't ride it much and I only put 50 miles or so on it before it got too cold to ride. There are a bunch of things I'd like to do to it, but every time I look at the pricing of Ducati stuff I have a mild heart attack and forget all about it.

Comment

Glanced right over that somehow. It's a good looking Duc, could use some trimming down here and there, lol.
                        Thanks for the compliment. It definitely has euro inspiration. The tail section is straight from Germany...MGM fighters. Headlight is also from Germany.

Soo soo jealous of the S1000RR, I absolutely can't wait till I get a chance to ride one. Let alone buy one.

Comment

You're right about the Duc. There are some areas that need to be cleaned up such as the steel 'triangles' that secure rear foot pegs. Unfortunately, the mufflers mount to them, so it's not an easy modification. The exhaust I'd like is only for single-shock SportClassic variants, so If I want to get rid of the pegs and install the exhaust system, I have to basically convert the bike to monoposto specs. It's a game of compounding costs that I'm not willing to play.

Nevertheless, here's the Zard system on a Paul Smart. I think it looks incredible:

The S 1000 RR won't be with me long. The bike is a hot commodity and I'm getting one of the first in the country, so it'll be a prime opportunity for me to flip it. It's simply way too much bike for me. I'm a casual rider and a 200-hp bike doesn't suit my needs or skills. I'm only capable of riding it at two to three tenths of its potential.

Comment

2007 w/ 681 miles on it. Bought new 2 years ago.

Comment

and my 2 year old nephew..
                              "People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan"
                              Sifu Richard bustillo - IMB Martial Arts Academy

www.scionevolution.org

Comment

Originally posted by TrUcKeR View Post
                                2007 w/ 681 miles on it. Bought new 2 years ago.
                                I'm not trying to be a dick, but is the point of owning it? I had 500 mile on my bike the first week I owned it.

Comment

Working...
                                X