This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycles and related paraphernalia

Most every forum I've participated in has some sort of an ongoing motorcycle discussion. I think it's safe to assume that everyone here drives, but do you ride as well? If so, what?

I took the first 2 my brother took the last one. All on a trip from seattle to reno/tahoe to the bay and back. 2200 miles, 6 days.

Southern Oregon

Bodega Bay

Redwood Forest, CHP Finest. Day 5 of 6

Comment

Pulled over for?
      -96 Chevrolet S10 (DD)
      -85 Saab 900 (Project)
      PhotoBlog
      Spotted In Narvik

Comment

ruckus?

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
          I took the first 2 my brother took the last one. All on a trip from seattle to reno/tahoe to the bay and back. 2200 miles, 6 days.

Southern Oregon

Bodega Bay

Redwood Forest, CHP Finest. Day 5 of 6
          http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...SXR/busted.jpg
          Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip and the scenery is beautiful.

I'm too old and decrepit to ride a sportbike for that long. I can only handle a couple of hours before I'm beat. Kudos to you guys!

How does your brother like the Duc?

Comment

We got stopped for 87.5 in a 50 zone, wrote for 5 over. Hella legit cop, asked alot about the bikes and the trip so we took the time to chat at he was nice to us.

My brother loves the 999R, I on the other hand **** it, He's also got a monster. I sold my ducati because every mile on a ducati is a dollar in repair and maintence, we work on our own shit and its still expensive. Besides my GSXR and CBR keep up just fine with the Italians.

Comment

^ sad to know about the ducatis. A monster is what i lust for after the ruckus.

Flickr

Comment

Yeah, I play scooters, haha.

Here's me last fall at a beach race in Wildwood NJ:

My bike's a '07 KTM 144SX.

..and I bought this last year, to tinker with it's a '99 XR50:

I've since added a stiffer shock, +2" swingarm, new tires, billet throttle tube, handlebar risers with full size MX bars, and a few other things. It's a hoot to get 4 or 5 people on pitbikes and screw around in the back yard.
                -Dale: '88 Conquest TSi

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  ^ sad to know about the ducatis. A monster is what i lust for after the ruckus.
                  Don't give up on the dream, just be ready to learn to do the maintence yourself. The monster is an amazingly fun machine to ride... Just every 3000 having to do a valve adjustment is lame to me. I got 14K on my gsxr and all I have to do is change oil and filters, and burn fuel and rubber.

Comment

Don't give up on the dream, just be ready to learn to do the maintence yourself. The monster is an amazingly fun machine to ride... Just every 3000 having to do a valve adjustment is lame to me. I got 14K on my gsxr and all I have to do is change oil and filters, and burn fuel and rubber.

Yeah, I do all the work on my e30, but every 3k is kinda a PITA

Flickr

Comment

i got 2 bikes currently...07 GSXR600 and a 06 GSXR750

heres the pic of the 750, 600 is basically the same just not as clean...

Comment

We got stopped for 87.5 in a 50 zone, wrote for 5 over. Hella legit cop, asked alot about the bikes and the trip so we took the time to chat at he was nice to us.

My brother loves the 999R, I on the other hand **** it, He's also got a monster. I sold my ducati because every mile on a ducati is a dollar in repair and maintence, we work on our own shit and its still expensive. Besides my GSXR and CBR keep up just fine with the Italians.
                        I haven't experienced any maintenance or repairs yet, mainly because I'm a fair-weather rider and it's too damned cold here. It just sits in the basement:

Originally posted by dmyers151 View Post
                        Yeah, I play scooters, haha.

Here's me last fall at a beach race in Wildwood NJ:

My bike's a '07 KTM 144SX.

..and I bought this last year, to tinker with it's a '99 XR50:

I've since added a stiffer shock, +2" swingarm, new tires, billet throttle tube, handlebar risers with full size MX bars, and a few other things. It's a hoot to get 4 or 5 people on pitbikes and screw around in the back yard.
                        The 50 is seriously cool (not that the KTM is a slouch).

Originally posted by SickSC View Post
                        i got 2 bikes currently...07 GSXR600 and a 06 GSXR750

heres the pic of the 750, 600 is basically the same just not as clean...

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...0/100_0762.jpg
                        That blue is gorgeous.

Comment

This is OT but holy shit this thing is badass.
                          Originally posted by da3bous
                          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Yes, that is exceptionally cool. The company behind the technology is named OSMOS and they've even built a car using an F1 chassis. Here's a tiny image from their site:

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
                              That blue is gorgeous.

i might replace the white with black plastics instead, make it look like my first bike i had...amazing combo...

Comment

Working...
                              X