Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Another BMW E28 - This Time From Australia

Love this car, cant wait to see the aired out pics
    My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

My e28 is jealous. Very jealous.

Thanks for the positive comments!

Next instalment.

As I'm mounting the tank upside down, under the bulk-head and wanted to make use of the original brackets. I decided to get a thread welded on the "new" bottom of the tank, which will become the new drain drainage port.

Too keep with the stealth boot install, i wrapped the tank in anthracite carpet, which is a pretty close match to the OEM boot carpet. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

The ports will face the front of the car (out of sight)

The boot trim that sits at the back of the boot had seen better days, so that got the same treatment as the tank.

After much thought of where to mount the Airlift controller, I went with the centre console/dash piece, with the intention of recessing it into the vents.

Ending up the weekend with drilling holes in the spare wheel-well for the PTC bulkhead fittings.

Instagram - eden_pearce

Such a clean work.
    I know it's a bit too much, but it is so cool if you can make something for hiding the controller behind those vents.

To continue, where i left off.

The compressor spare wheel well setup is 99% finished. Everything has been trimmed in carpet or painted. Stoked with the finished product.

Mounted to compressors using the Airmaxxx isolator kit to reduce noise and vibrations.

Fitted the assembly to the car, started connecting air lines, running the looms etc.

Lid for the rear section trimmed with carpet and fitted. The aim was to build something that was stealthy, easily serviceable, enabled full use of the boot, yet presented very neatly. I think I achieved that.

I then started making a cover for the entire area, which will enable full use of the boot when required.

Next up was pulling the coilovers out, removing the springs and replacing them with the Bags by Only Charged Dubs.

Made some thin rubber gaskets to go between the strut tops and chassis to reduce some NVH.

Rears fitted to the car, plenty of clearance.

Fronts were next, left the struts in the car for the front and just dropped the arms down and pulled the springs off.

And then, the part I've been waiting for... How will the wheels sit inside the guards...

Lost for words.
    Instagram - eden_pearce

Im really liking how suble and clean that install on the air set up is. That fitment on the other hand is going to be nuts!

Same here ... lost for words. Was going to sell my e28. Keyword "was"
    Props to you, sir.
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Wow, so much clean.
    No other words are needed.