X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beautiful ~^.^~
    SlipperyDinosaur - http://slipperydinosaur.tumblr.com/

Comment

Looking pretty sick dude, well done! i've got a 528i with a high compression b34 - thing is so much fun, you'll love it

Comment

Originally posted by DoABarrelRoll View Post
        Looking pretty sick dude, well done! i've got a 528i with a high compression b34 - thing is so much fun, you'll love it
        Sh!t yeah! Can't wait.v

Comment

Engine work looks fun! Keeps getting closer and closer
          Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

It has been a good month for the e28.

I wanted to go lower, and cut springs weren't cutting it.

So I ordered BC BR coilovers 6kg front, 7kg rear.

I fitted the rears first as they were the easiest, it was disappointing. Set them to their lowest setting and I got this:

Higher than it was with cut springs

After consulting with the agent I bought them off and expressing my disappointment, about a month later i received shorter inserts so I could go lower.

Out with the old, in with the new:

Tucks more tyre than the previous inserts off the ground than they did on the ground.

I then welded the front coilover bodies onto the front stubs and painted them up:

Removed the old front struts.

Put the front coilovers together, didn't fit the brake dust shields as they are a waste of space.

Fitted front coilovers, brakes, hubs etc.

Much stiffer.

Lowered the car to the ground at the lowest settings...

Couldn't turn the wheel very far so I raised it up till i just could.

And a few pics to finish it off.

Rides like factory on the soft settings, super impressed with the coilovers.

Comment

Looking pretty good dude! Like the spring rate?

Comment

Do you have some spec´s on the bashplate ?

Nice car BTW
                ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
                Trolling isn't a hobby, it's a way of Life.
                "Project Bmw E28"

Comment

Originally posted by DoABarrelRoll View Post
                  Looking pretty good dude! Like the spring rate?
                  Cheers! So far I do yes. 70 profile tyres also help to make it so soft.

Originally posted by Asee View Post
                  Do you have some spec´s on the bashplate ?

Nice car BTW
                  What sort of specs? It's home made.

Comment

To continue off from the last update...

I was trawling Ebay like I often do a couple of months ago and stumbled upon a excellent looking set of BBS RS005's. Contacted the seller and thought about the purchase for days, trying to justify spending 10 times what I paid for the car just on wheels. But I decided it would be stupid not to buy them, as at the end of the day they are my favourite wheels.

After a nervous month of waiting for them to arrive from Austria, they turned up at work and blew my mind.

Wheel specs are - front 16" x 7" ET+10, rear 16" x 11" ET-20.

Getting the rears to fit without poking by a mile is going to be interesting. Think of getting M-Tech flares and possibly modding the control arms to get more camber.

Any tips or opinions on fitting them would be great, but for the time being they will sit in my room whilst I build the engine.

Started stripping a cylinder head, thinking I might find a B35 head and use that instead.

Thanks for looking

Follow me on Instagram for random pictures along the way - eden_pearce
                    Last edited by epearce; 02-19-2014, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Nice Wheels! Looking forward to seeing them on the car, what size tyres do you have in mind?

Comment

Cheers. Not sure on rear tyre sizes yet. The smallest possible.

Comment

epearce! Amazing build man. I was the one who was asking you about the L-jet swap over on mye28. So happy to see how this comes out, also have a 528i and have an option on a cheap running e23 735i high comp. Its ridiculous how similarly BMW Aus and BMW SA specced our BMWs of this era.

Found this link of a guy in AUS who is doing your swap, and kept L-jet. Read further down, he says the swap was amazing, and better fuel consumption.

Comment

cannot wait to see this with those wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by symmat001 View Post
                              epearce! Amazing build man. I was the one who was asking you about the L-jet swap over on mye28. So happy to see how this comes out, also have a 528i and have an option on a cheap running e23 735i high comp. Its ridiculous how similarly BMW Aus and BMW SA specced our BMWs of this era.

Found this link of a guy in AUS who is doing your swap, and kept L-jet. Read further down, he says the swap was amazing, and better fuel consumption.

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread...-into-E28-528i
                              You are a legend!!!!!!

I've spent hours researching, trying to find threads and thinking if this will work. I came to the conclusion it should but couldn't anyone who had done it before. Such a relief to see it should work great. It has given me massive motivation to hurry up with the rebuild.

Thank you very much for finding that! Unfortunately it looks like he isn't active on the forum anymore.

@willshaffer - don't hold your breathe, as posted already it will be a few months. Follow me on instagram for pics along the way.

Comment

Lovely build and I dig the new wheelsz! You guys should really ship some euro bumpers over to the US for us poor stanceworks guys :p
                                E28 & E36
                                @andyitslit

Comment

Working...
                                X