No announcement yet.

Another BMW E28 - This Time From Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never had new seats as something I planned to do, mainly because the ones I wanted I have never seen for sale. Then a set of black factory e28 Recaros popped up locally with matching rear seats, removed from a M528i. Unicorn seats, never thought i'd find some.

Managed to get the whole lot for $350, probably a less than a third of what they are worth. So stoked. Drivers seat (which I swapped to the passenger side) has some minor wear, other than that just the usual black fade that you would expect for 30+ year old seats.

Swapped rails between the drivers and passenger seats as well as steam cleaning all seats, came up a treat.

All seats are in and the difference is amazing. Perfect amount of hugging and support, it feels like a different car to drive. My favourite addition to the car.

Also replaced the fan clutch for peace of mind with a new genuine replacement.

Photos from Saturday just gone, perfect autumn road I found.

Comment

• The same seats I would like to get for my e28, but they are too expensive+shipping...

Comment

• Those seats are awesome! Nice score

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Lovely seats. I wish i had some Recaro's or M-Techs for my e28.

Comment

• My BBS center Hex's have always annoyed me. The 30 year old clearcoat has gone cloudy and started to peel, mixed with battle scars and scratches. So i started the long process of fixing them.

Starting with p180 wet and dry I removed the clear along with the machining marks, then all the scratches.

Then continued hand sanding through all the grades up to p2500

Then the best part. Buffing wheel on my drill using some Purple Polish.

The results were breathtaking.

Now to continue on the other three.

Comment

• You come in here, post pictures of badass seats then leave with out a single interior shot? You tease you

Comment

• Originally posted by delvin View Post
                You come in here, post pictures of badass seats then leave with out a single interior shot? You tease you
                I did want to post photos of the interior. But i haven't taken any yet. Soon my friend!

Comment

• It's October already, it was April when I last drove this. The combination of having the wettest Autumn and Winter and now Spring in a very long time and a crap grass driveway means no way of getting this out of the shed. I'm hoping it drys up soon!

I have achieved a bit during this time, but I'll save most of that for when I finish what I am doing at the moment.

The most exciting mod in the last few months is probably what I fitted on the weekend.

As much as I love the vintage Momo Indy I don't think it suits the style of the interior anymore. So I brought a Renown USA Dark 100 in genuine leather. It arrived super quick and the quality is that of a current BMW leather wheel if not better. Very impressed.

I think it ties in well with the black factory Recaros.

Let me know what you think!

Comment

• Love your interior, especially the all black seats and the new wheel fits perfectly. Imho the cloth on the dashboard looks strange though.

Comment

• This thing is pure inspiration! Please keep the updates coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by trm- View Post
                        Love your interior, especially the all black seats and the new wheel fits perfectly. Imho the cloth on the dashboard looks strange though.
                        Thanks mate! Agree the dash mat isnt the best, but beats looking at a cracked dash.

Originally posted by CBREEZ View Post
                        This thing is pure inspiration! Please keep the updates coming!
                        Thanks so much!

Comment

• Oh man, what a build. So nice!

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                          Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

• Those seats look amazing in there brotha! New wheel looks great as well, I'm partial to the wood but man that renown wheel looks really good.

Great work and hopefully you can get that thing out for a drive soon

Comment

• Amazing work, love the whole style.

Comment

• Its about time I continued with this update.

The rain has finally gone, driveway dried up and the e28 is back together at at last.

The reason I couldn't drive it for most of the 6 months..

Went through all my photos tonight to try and remind me what I have actually done to the car in the last 6 months.

So here is what I've been up to:

First up was trying to make the interior look more appeasing and get rid of the faded material in the door trims and parcel shelf. Ideally I'd like a full black interior, but trying to find one of those here isn't easy. So instead I found some black material that matches the seats and got to work.

Still need to take some in car photos, but I'm happy with the results!

I could never get my Innovate guages to program, finally figured out the software issue with my laptop and set all the presets on both gauges to how I wanted them.

Removed the rocker cover and rechecked valve clearances for piece of mind, also wired tied the camshaft spray bar bolts to avoid any possibility of them coming loose again.

Replaced the worn alternator adjustment bracket and cog, also upgrade the rubber bushes to delrin.

My rear badges weren't in the best of condition with the chrome showing its age and the roundel wasn't even the correct one. So they were all replaced with genuine new ones.

Last edited by epearce; 11-18-2016, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X