Another BMW E28 - This Time From Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another update as promised:

The black lower strips were hardly black anymore, either was the fuel tank or spare wheel tub. That is now fixed!

Rear subframe installed:

Control arms and coilovers fitted:

Put the cleaned up hand brake assembly back together, followed by freshly machined rotors:

Rebuilt and repainted the rear calipers:

30 year old brake hoses couldn't be the best, so some braided lines to tie in with the rear were ordered. Also bought a new diff mount as that looked original as well.

Months of prep makes assembly a fun job, everything is going together perfectly so far!

All this work made me eager to do a quick test fit again. With about 3/4 max camber the wheel hits the guard by about 5mm. Fingers crossed some more camber and a smaller tyre and they will fit!

Another update in a couple of days!

Comment

• Cheers everyone!

Originally posted by 1jze30 View Post
      Looks like your getting there dude, got those rims peiced together yet?
      Thanks, do you mean tyres? I've never pulled the wheels apart.

Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
      Exactly why I keep stuff clean! Its nice working on a clean car .
      Sure is!

Thanks for the IG follow as well

Comment

• Wow this thing is incredibly clean! Excellent build so far, keep up the good work!

Comment

• I really like this build. Great attention to detail!

However getting a 195 tyre on the 10J is seriously pushing it.
          Just slap on a 205-40-16. Its the hight of your current tyre (50) that's casuing it to not stretch. The hight is the percentage of the width for reference.

Comment

• So jealous of how clean your car is underneath! Wow!
            BMW E34 V8 - Daily
            Merc 190E - Sold
            BMW 635CSi - Project
            Mercedes 190e Build Thread
            Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

• Originally posted by Reuvers View Post
              I really like this build. Great attention to detail!

However getting a 195 tyre on the 10J is seriously pushing it.
              Just slap on a 205-40-16. Its the hight of your current tyre (50) that's casuing it to not stretch. The hight is the percentage of the width for reference.
              Thanks.

Yeah i know how tyres work. Now you say thats pushing it i'll definitely give it a go.

Comment

• Originally posted by epearce View Post
                Thanks.

Yeah i know how tyres work. Now you say thats pushing it i'll definitely give it a go.
                haha good on ya!

Comment

• damn this is getting awesome!!! well done dude loving the work

Comment

• gj man! keep it up!

Comment

• Rims/tyres= potato/tomato ?

but shes looking good dude, bit less wall and she will be one with the stance gods

working for bmw do you get discounts on parts?, a while ago I rung up there parts dev
                      to get a price on an intake manifold gasket they wanted 90 bucks for 4 seperate cut out gaskets for the runners and a peice for 2 centeral runners with the oil return, ended up making the gaskets saved 80 bucks

Comment

• clean as hell

Low n' Slow
                        Twitter/IG: ChicoChiefer
                        1996 Saturn SW2 DD in progress
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67883

Comment

• Originally posted by 1jze30 View Post
                          Rims/tyres= potato/tomato ?

but shes looking good dude, bit less wall and she will be one with the stance gods

working for bmw do you get discounts on parts?, a while ago I rung up there parts dev
                          to get a price on an intake manifold gasket they wanted 90 bucks for 4 seperate cut out gaskets for the runners and a peice for 2 centeral runners with the oil return, ended up making the gaskets saved 80 bucks
                          What do you mean by the first comment?

haha thanks!

I get parts cheaper but a lot of the time ebay still works out cheaper. Its just nice to be able to walk into the parts at lunch time and say what I need and then have it arrive first thing the following morning (apart from uncommon parts.) So things i need in a hurry i get from work.

Comment

• Man this is good! Really looking forward to seeing the wheels mounted. Had to follow on ig!

Comment

• Jammed the wheel under the guard and put some weight on it to cure my eagerness of how it is going to look:

Then I just sat back and admired

Now to find a tyre that will clear!

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                              Man this is good! Really looking forward to seeing the wheels mounted. Had to follow on ig!
                              Cheers man, nice touring as well!
                              Thanks for the follow

Comment

• It's gonna look amazing! Hurry up and get it done, all this anticipation is not healthy
                                _____________________________MY BUILD THREAD_____________________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Comment

Working...
                                X