water traps if all inside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water traps if all inside?

My kits on the way, air lift v2 for xb. When i ordered it, guy said i didnt need any water traps since everything would be inside the car, but looking on here just about every setup I see has them. Any suggestions, run them or not?

I'm not sure who would tell you that a water trap isn't needed. I mean you surely can have a set up without a water trap. But for my set-up and many others who have done it right. I would go with a water trap, a great investment for the overall protection against moisture. There has been some debate over where to run a water trap. After the compressor before the tank -or- after the tank before the manifold. I believe its best after the compressor. A quick search on water traps will give you all the information you need and the benefits of having one. Do a little research and Im sure you'll come up with the answer your looking for. But my advice would be to run a water trap.
    [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

Water traps are definitely recommended but they aren't necessary. I don't run a water trap on my daily and I drive the car all year even through our Vermont winters. I have about two feet of air line and a ptc inflation valve hooked up to the drain port of my tank. I just use the tank as my water trap and spray the condensation out every so often. I have an aluminum tank and my compressor is mounted in my spare tire well so I don't worry about debris going though my manifold.

If you have a steel tank, it's a different story. Steel tanks will rust from the inside out and little pieces of metal will flake off. To help prevent this from happening, you should add a water trap(s) to the system. One before the tank to collect condensation and one after the tank to collect debris would be best with a steel tank.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

thanks for suggestions. I will check on ordering one this week

Comment

my tank is the one that comes with air lift kit, says its red oxidized interior to prevent rust. I am putting drain for it in bottom, and gonna order water trap to go before valve block

Comment

Working...
          X