Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowered the rear another Half inch. Unfortunately I'm almost maxed out.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
      This was my favorite stage for your car:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/pDFnBNGl.jpg[img]

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Apparently I'm the only one whose not allowed to mod their car. Put bags on an odyssey? Fuck yes. Slam an old corvette? Hell yes. Change anything on my celica? Your car is fvcking stupid.

Comment

Take a chill pill man.

You're going to get a lot of abuse here as pretty much everyone here is going to tell you to get rid of the XXR's and get some different wheels.

Let me break it down for you, XXR's are generally garbage and frankly, they just suck. Do some searching on the site about the "real wheel vs. fake wheels" topic and you'll see pics and good opinions as to why not owning fake wheels is better for our community as a whole.

Anyways, this isn't a bad car. Still the headlights and taillights aren't my cup of tea, but atleast you have this low.

Carry on.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Yeah, don't ruff your feathers man.. This is the internet!

I beg to differ on finding better wheels for around the same amount of money(5zigen or rota). Rotiform, 5Zigen, Fifteen52 and etc or even TSW would have looked better. IMO i would sell them and roll on stocks. Save for a few months and visit www.vrwheels.com once you get 1000.00

Other, than that.. the car's fine (if you love the HLs) good luck bud

FYI the reason why most ppl don't have real wheels is, because they're too impatient to save or don't want to do the homework. Most ppl just want to be told what looks cool and they go buy it; regardless if the decision will cause the car community to self-destruct. The best car build are the long thought out and planned ones. FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
            Last edited by 244Brick; 04-24-2013, 12:31 PM.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

the xxr's are staying. and they will be for probably atleast two years.

and if you can find me an 18x9.5 wheel for 510$, you must be some sort of god.

Comment

I actually think this looks pretty good, people forget that you haven't had the car long. I also like the headlights as well. Its the internet, people will ****, plus there are tons of euro guys on here. they are programmed to **** anything JDM lol. Keep your head up and just ignore people, build your car how you want.
                My '66 C10 Build
                My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

This guy isn't going to get the idea or concept of saving.

Comment

Curious, how much did you spend on tires?

600? 510 wheels + 150x4 tires = total spent 1000+ on your setup, but you can't afford real wheels? NOT SURE IF SRS...

You asked for suggestions, so i'm just trying to help point out that you're selling yourself short man
                    Last edited by 244Brick; 04-24-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Celli View Post
                      I see where you are going with that.I don't plan on keeping these rims too long.
                      But then you go on to say:
                      the xxr's are staying. and they will be for probably atleast two years.
                      So... what is it? Are you keeping them, or do you plan on getting different wheels?
                      Apparently I'm the only one whose not allowed to mod their car. Put bags on an odyssey? Fuck yes. Slam an old corvette? Hell yes. Change anything on my celica? Your car is fvcking stupid.
                      You came to a place where people hold you to a higher standard than just eBay parts and chinese-made replicas. What did you honestly expect was going to happen?

Save up and do tasteful, well-thought out mods when you get the money.
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                        I actually think this looks pretty good, people forget that you haven't had the car long. I also like the headlights as well. Its the internet, people will ****, plus there are tons of euro guys on here. they are programmed to **** anything JDM lol. Keep your head up and just ignore people, build your car how you want.
                        thats what I plan on. It's my car, therefore my decision. If I want xxr, Ill use xxr.

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                        This guy isn't going to get the idea or concept of saving.
                        you couldnt be more wrong. Could i buy 1000 dollar rims? yes. 2 thousand dollar rims? yes. But do I really want to spend every penny I have on just rims? no. Sure I could buy a nice set of rims for 1500, but then I wouldnt have money for tires. My concept of saving money is the reason I chose a cheap rim and not a trillion dollar one. Plenty of peopple complain about the "quality" of xxr and they have nothing to back it up. The only people I have ever seen complain about xxr are the ones who dont have them. My car is a dd that gets no abuse. I drive it sofly and treat it well. I seriously seriously doubt anything is going to happen to these rims. I havent even seen any racers have problems. On zilvia, there are hundreds of guys with xxr on their 240s and drift and have nooo problems. So I think I'm fine.

Comment

you couldnt be more wrong. Could i buy 1000 dollar rims? yes. 2 thousand dollar rims? yes. But do I really want to spend every penny I have on just rims? no. Sure I could buy a nice set of rims for 1500, but then I wouldnt have money for tires. My concept of saving money is the reason I chose a cheap rim and not a trillion dollar one. Plenty of peopple complain about the "quality" of xxr and they have nothing to back it up. The only people I have ever seen complain about xxr are the ones who dont have them. My car is a dd that gets no abuse. I drive it sofly and treat it well. I seriously seriously doubt anything is going to happen to these rims. I havent even seen any racers have problems. On zilvia, there are hundreds of guys with xxr on their 240s and drift and have nooo problems. So I think I'm fine.
                          1. 1500 can buy you wheels and tires REAL wheels and tires (paid 700 shipped +300 for tires)
                          2.Are you in a race to finish your car or impatient?
                          3.Most Drifters don't care about the strength of wheels, just if they're cheap and can be use to slid on.. Most would drift a bike tire if possible LOL

You obviously care about your car. So, why not put quality parts on it the first time. I think you would have learned from your first mistakes.... Pedal and Carbon Wrap..?.. Do it right the first time or you're going to spend 2x the money in the end.
                          You asked for help and we're giving it to you. Take your time.. no rush It's up to you.

I've only had my car since Sept 2012 and it's bagged with Zauber Starforms being refinished for it, because I focused on what I wanted and the outcome .

Go on and tell me how you're a college student and live and home or don't have any money to mod..

I'm a student, have bills and a car note/GF lol. So, it can be done just take your time and save, BRO

This is S|W man. We have higher expectations than your normal "hi, i have yellow fogs and lowering springs forums"
                          Last edited by 244Brick; 04-24-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

The thing your missing is: if you spend a large amount on quality parts/wheels/modifications, they actually hold their value pretty well. If you mail-order some low-buck replica garbage that any fool can order, you might as well open your wallet driving down the expressway. The second a box of Rotas/Rokkor coilovers/eBay headlights shows up at your house, you can expect to get little to no return when it comes time to sell them.

Do the same with a set of lightly used set of Work wheels/Broadway Static coilovers/JDM headlights, and you can probably make your money back; maybe even turn a profit, assuming you put some time and effort into them.

Spending as little money as you can on cheap parts does not qualify as "saving" so much as it does "chumping out". Save your pennies and save up for the good stuff, don't do things for the instant gratification.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price.
                            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                            Originally posted by Ollie
                            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              The thing your missing is: if you spend a large amount on quality wheels, they actually hold their value pretty well. If you mail-order some low-buck replica garbage that any fool can order, you might as well open your wallet driving down the expressway. The second a box of Rotas shows up at your house, you can expect to get little to no return when it comes time to sell them.

Do the same with a set of lightly used set of (BBS, Enkei, Work, etc.), and you can probably make your money back; maybe even turn a profit, assuming you put some time and effort into them.

Spending as little money as you can on cheap parts does not qualify as "saving" so much as it does "chumping out". Save your pennies and save up for the good stuff, don't do things for the instant gratification.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price.

Comment

The amount of times you said "rims" has given me cancer.

They are called "wheels".

Also, listen to these people. Not one person has said anything mean or hateful yet except you. You are new here. This forum operates so differently than almost any other forum out there (especially newer Japanese car forums) in terms of what makes a quality build. Take what has been said to heart, calm down, and continue modding your car with the new-found knowledge you have gained from this site.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Working...
                                X