This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
    Nobody in your areas had a wrecked ford with a C4?

Also, what's the trans doing? Not going into gear, slipping?
    I was having a hard time finding one honestly so when I found two I bought them both. The trans is clicking into gear, but i'm not getting any movement and I have a loud ass rotating tapping/rattle in the bell housing. Like I said, i'll rip it all apart tonight and hope for the best.
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
      I was having a hard time finding one honestly so when I found two I bought them both. The trans is clicking into gear, but i'm not getting any movement and I have a loud ass rotating tapping/rattle in the bell housing. Like I said, i'll rip it all apart tonight and hope for the best.
      yeah but first you need all of our super helpful internet advice

Comment

I wonder if the torque converter is busted and the tapping is all the vanes rattling around inside the shell.

Comment

• Just applied for a new job. About time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
            For some reason I'm really excited about replacing all of the old suspension bolts.

Think I'll even do a spread sheet and share it with everyone.
            About as much fun as getting stabbed with a prison shank
            Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
            Don't know if you can get it quickly but try to get a can of Aero Kroil. Shit's amazing on old bolts. Loosens them up like a champ.
            This x1,000. Kroil is magical shit.
            Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
            Look here you yankee bitch...

A 1974 Maverick one... haha
            Pffft you don't think that could be your problem? Converters are rather affordable. A high stall converter would be nice for your application.
            Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
            Did you fill the converter before putting it on? Converter not seated on the splines? Grenaded converter? I would start with that first. If the tranny was toast you wouldn't hear anything (especially from the bellhousing), it would just slip.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
              yeah but first you need all of our super helpful internet advice
              Obviously lol

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
              I wonder if the torque converter is busted and the tapping is all the vanes rattling around inside the shell.
              Yea Idk if it's the pump, converter, trans... Maybe the filter just clogged and it's not getting fluid since the level doesn't change from the car being on or off.

Comment

I wonder if theres a Mexican jumping bean in there just having himself a riot in there jamming out with his friends

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

Pffft you don't think that could be your problem? Converters are rather affordable. A high stall converter would be nice for your application.

Did you fill the converter before putting it on? Converter not seated on the splines? Grenaded converter? I would start with that first. If the tranny was toast you wouldn't hear anything (especially from the bellhousing), it would just slip.
                  Yea the converter is my first plan of attack. "toast tranny" is just me being negative. Been a long week.

Comment

Yea the converter is my first plan of attack. "toast tranny" is just me being negative. Been a long week.
                    Hang in there, scooter. Don't fall apart on us now.
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I think I found a color for the fiancé's beetle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                        I think I found a color for the fiancé's beetle.
                        why are you choosing the color, isn't it her dream car, let her choose

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                          why are you choosing the color, isn't it her dream car, let her choose
                          She gets final say, I'm just grabbing colors that are close to what she had.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                            About as much fun as getting stabbed with a prison shank

This x1,000. Kroil is magical shit.

Lol this is a real restore/upgrade build
                            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Lafleur you Running a 60e? Could also be the trans tunning. Friend thought his was toast till he got a good tune on his truck and the tuner(blackbear) went and adjusted the trans software as well. Shifts great now and feels like new.

If not and it is the trans go 4l80e 60's wont last behind any LS making decent power
                              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                              he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                                Lafleur you Running a 60e? Could also be the trans tunning. Friend thought his was toast till he got a good tune on his truck and the tuner(blackbear) went and adjusted the trans software as well. Shifts great now and feels like new.

If not and it is the trans go 4l80e 60's wont last behind any LS making decent power
                                He's using a Ford motor. Thus why we confirmed the fact he's using a C40 transmission.

Comment

Working...
                                X