This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
    I never understood why you would pay someone to completely modify your car.
    Why not just buy a car thats already fast/awesome.
    Because everyone is an attention-craving dickhead. And sadly, it's too easy to become e-famous these days just by racking up a few credit cars with expensive parts.
    Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    Not everyone has automotive knowhow, but every guy likes to look like he does.

Fuck that. If you suck at the hobby, then work at it and get better at it. No one fucking held my hand when I rebuilt my car the first time. Mistakes were made, I learned from it, and got better- that's how it should be. If you pay someone do to everything for you, you're nothing more than a housewife who can write checks and soak up someone else's hard work.

There's a few local idiots here who do the same shit. I'm not in the business of being a dickhead to people who can afford to do that, but I'm also not in the business of praising them and sucking their e-dick because they got a feature.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
      Because everyone is an attention-craving dickhead. And sadly, it's too easy to become e-famous these days just by racking up a few credit cars with expensive parts.

Fuck that. If you suck at the hobby, then work at it and get better at it. No one fucking held my hand when I rebuilt my car the first time. Mistakes were made, I learned from it, and got better- that's how it should be. If you pay someone do to everything for you, you're nothing more than a housewife who can write checks and soak up someone else's hard work.

There's a few local idiots here who do the same shit. I'm not in the business of being a dickhead to people who can afford to do that, but I'm also not in the business of praising them and sucking their e-dick because they got a feature.
      I like people who pay me to work on their cars... Keep it up idiots!
      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        I like people who pay me to work on their cars... Keep it up idiots!
        Wouldn't it urk you out when the claim the credit for your hard work?

Maybe I'm just some old-school thinker of "fucking do it yourself you lazy sod". Seems like half of the people I run into think that just because they don't know how to do something, they should just give up and not even try. Not the way I was raised.

That said, I know that not everyone was born a mechanic. I'm okay with making a few bucks off of someone who can't do a wheel bearing or a CV shaft.
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Morning guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
            Wouldn't it urk you out when the claim the credit for your hard work?

Maybe I'm just some old-school thinker of "fucking do it yourself you lazy sod". Seems like half of the people I run into think that just because they don't know how to do something, they should just give up and not even try. Not the way I was raised.

That said, I know that not everyone was born a mechanic. I'm okay with making a few bucks off of someone who can't do a wheel bearing or a CV shaft.
            I know not everyone can do everything.
            Sometimes you'll have a friend can do something ALOT better than you can.
            But some of these jerks don't even get their hands dirty
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

I definitely can't do everything, but I'll at least give it a shot. Getting my hands dirty is not a big deal. I just don't understand why you wouldn't put in your own coils. It's super simple.

Comment

Basically what I've been trying to say. Thank you.
                Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                I definitely can't do everything, but I'll at least give it a shot. Getting my hands dirty is not a big deal. I just don't understand why you wouldn't put in your own coils. It's super simple.
                Wouldn't want to get some grease on the Banana Republic jeans now would we.

I used to date a girl a few years back, her sister's boyfriend was the pinnacle of such a person. Drove an E46 M3 (SMG lol), claimed to be this big car fanatic. Couldn't even change his own fucking wiper blades. The running joke was that he didn't want to get some dirt under his manicured nails.

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                  MMMMM coffee. Been putting it down for the last 2 hours while I've been bush hogging. Feeling like a fucking hick this morning.
                  coffee here 2
                  Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

I'm with you on that. The difference, is that you were working on a sub-5k Honda, and this fgt is chopping up a new Nazi coupe. PLUS, he's obviously getting the "liberty walk" treatment, which means you give them your car and money, and they return to you, a widebody liberty walk car. That's why theyre doing the work, duh. If I ran liberty, and a dude came up to me and was like yo, can you build my car, and i'll be around to help, and you cut the price down, id be like yo i have a better idea, go get really the fuck away from here, and heres a dollar get an ice cream cone while youre at it.
                  Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                  friends with benefits

Comment

• have you ever had a dumbass try and "help" you with anything car related?

its one of the most frustrating, nerve-racking, annoying things.

yo don't touch that
                    man don't lean on that
                    wtf man, why is there a wrench on the hood
                    don't use an impact on that
                    use an impact on that
                    watch the door!
                    ok now wipe up all that oil off the side of the engine
                    no, that is not acid. that is antifreeze
                    thanks for stripping that, i guess we aren't driving home tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                      I'm with you on that. The difference, is that you were working on a sub-5k Honda, and this fgt is chopping up a new Nazi coupe. PLUS, he's obviously getting the "liberty walk" treatment, which means you give them your car and money, and they return to you, a widebody liberty walk car. That's why theyre doing the work, duh. If I ran liberty, and a dude came up to me and was like yo, can you build my car, and i'll be around to help, and you cut the price down, id be like yo i have a better idea, go get really the fuck away from here, and heres a dollar get an ice cream cone while youre at it.
                      Well of course, you're spot on. Maybe it's jealousy (probably not), but that stuff does nothing for me. No heart, no soul, no real effort put in by the owner. The problem is, everyone will be slobbering his ego because they love the car.

I'll get off my soapbox. I enjoy the grassroots builds of people building cars for themselves, not some cookie-cutter "look what a shop built for me" shit. Prime examples would include, but are not limited to, Duder's Dude40, Corey's Accord, and CJ's E24. No giant budget, no ridiculous team of mechanics. Just some guy spinning wrenches and throwing hammers and cussing at what they're building with their own two hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                        have you ever had a dumbass try and "help" you with anything car related?

its one of the most frustrating, nerve-racking, annoying things.

yo don't touch that
                        man don't lean on that
                        wtf man, why is there a wrench on the hood
                        don't use an impact on that
                        use an impact on that
                        watch the door!
                        ok now wipe up all that oil off the side of the engine
                        no, that is not acid. that is antifreeze
                        thanks for stripping that, i guess we aren't driving home tonight
                        I don't let anyone spin wrenches on my car. Ever. Call me a control freak.

Even when my car gets aligned, I take it to a friend, and we do it at his work together after hours.

Comment

• I have no issue with someone taking their car to get body work done. You want to install a kit like rocket bunny's or LW's by yourself? LOL ok.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Alot of people who have these higher end cars that get crazy stuff done to them are real car guys. But because of that job that makes money, or family. They dont have the huge man-hours ti takes to do a build like that. It isn't that they dont have passion

Comment

• Originally posted by ImAwesome View Post
                              Alot of people who have these higher end cars that get crazy stuff done to them are real car guys. But because of that job that makes money, or family. They dont have the huge man-hours ti takes to do a build like that. It isn't that they dont have passion
                              This is also incredibly true. A lot of these guys also have long term projects that they do their work on as well.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• There are guys who build there own cars for the wrong reasons and there are guys who get their cars built for the right reason. There are anomalies to all statistics

Comment

Working...
                                X