• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
    that's nice

too bad it's a vag

meaning that it won't stay 100% for long

speaking from experience lol
    The car is holding up surprisingly well. Being as old as it is there is something always to do.

Comment

• Morning.
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Chris you are here good. Let's discuss oil. Since the s4 is burning oil it could be a number of things. Probably the turbo. But for now I need an oil change. Since winter is pretty much gone I can switch to a thicker oil.

I currently run t6 5w40, switching to 10w40 should provide better sealing capacities during cold starts till everything warms up and expands. Or should I make a jump to a xw50 oil?

Comment

• Morning gentlemen.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
            Chris you are here good. Let's discuss oil. Since the s4 is burning oil it could be a number of things. Probably the turbo. But for now I need an oil change. Since winter is pretty much gone I can switch to a thicker oil.

I currently run t6 5w40, switching to 10w40 should provide better sealing capacities during cold starts till everything warms up and expands. Or should I make a jump to a xw50 oil?
            10w40 won't help your burning issue, remember that heat makes things contract, not expand.

The only thing that is going to help you from burning oil is to find the source of said burning and fix it; it's not worth risking your crank bearings or camshafts for cold starting weight. The T6 5w40 is fantastic oil.

If you're really convinced that oil will help you, switch to a conventional oil. Synthetic is better for lubrication because the molecules of oil are smaller, and thus, can be wicked into combustion and burned off on higher mileage motors.
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• is the wakeup as dreaded as expected J?

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                Morning gentlemen.
                Morning coco. Get the 86 on the road?

Comment

• Morning guys.

Comment

• yep think I've decided on polished with a PC of clear for mah wheels
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                      is the wakeup as dreaded as expected J?

Yep because I'm just now remembering I have to pick up my coworker and he's kinda outta the way. Oh well.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                      Morning coco. Get the 86 on the road?
                      Yessir!

Bought a handbrake button and a shifter rebuild kit (replaces worn bushings on the shifter assembly) since it passed smog.

Also setting up to buy a steering wheel within a few weeks. Just need to see which Momo hub adapter to buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                        Morning guys.
                        Yo
                        Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                        yep think I've decided on polished with a PC of clear for mah wheels
                        Hypebeast Pink PC and polished gooooooooooollllllddddddddd for KK?

Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                        Yessir!

Bought a handbrake button and a shifter rebuild kit (replaces worn bushings on the shifter assembly) since it passed smog.

Also setting up to buy a steering wheel within a few weeks. Just need to see which Momo hub adapter to buy.
                        Very nice. Glad you got it back out on the road, enjoy driving it around for those of us who are stuck in the salty wasteland

Comment

• Got 2 possible buyers for my 260z. About time to get it gone. Now my enduro needs to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                            Morning gentlemen.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                            10w40 won't help your burning issue, remember that heat makes things contract, not expand.

The only thing that is going to help you from burning oil is to find the source of said burning and fix it; it's not worth risking your crank bearings or camshafts for cold starting weight. The T6 5w40 is fantastic oil.

If you're really convinced that oil will help you, switch to a conventional oil. Synthetic is better for lubrication because the molecules of oil are smaller, and thus, can be wicked into combustion and burned off on higher mileage motors.

I thought heat made things expand while cold made stuff shrink. Except for water? Or is that for all liquids?

The owners manual does say I can fill with 10w40 or hell even 20w50

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post

I thought heat made things expand while cold made stuff shrink. Except for water? Or is that for all liquids?

The owners manual does say I can fill with 10w40 or hell even 20w50
                              Pop off your downpipe and look in there with a mirror. I bet the turbo seals are bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                                Pop off your downpipe and look in there with a mirror. I bet the turbo seals are bad.
                                you dont just pop the downpipe off on this. I need to order a special bent half moon stuby wrench.

Comment

Working...
                                X