This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
    I should offer $100. that's about what scrap value would be for that weight of aluminum. My dad used to tell me that car stuff is only worth scrap value. Anything more is between you and the seller.
    that would make you look like a dick and an idiot. he's definitely asking a lot for used wheels, but those are easily worth more than the $1500-$2500 shit wheels other fags are selling here

Comment

• The wheel market has gone to shit regardless, people are spending such absurd amounts of money for "scene points" that it's disturbing.

I don't think I've ever spent more than $650 on a set of wheels, let alone $1k.
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I paid a decent amount for my Rotiforms. But nowhere near full price
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• I think it's a sign the scene will be fading soon. Kind of like the peak before the fall of the Roman Empire.

Comment

• All of those retro series hre's were that much. Mike put them on a 40 year old bmw...wtf is he sulposesvto do with a base jetta?

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
              I paid a decent amount for my Rotiforms. But nowhere near full price
              It's one thing to pay a fair price. It's another thing to overpay because you just want the internet famous and scene points *cough*VWcrowd*cough*Subarus*cough*
              Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
              I think it's a sign the scene will be fading soon. Kind of like the peak before the fall of the Roman Empire.
              Good, then I can dump my Style 5's for a profit while they're still worth something.
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• My question is: Would it have been cheaper to buy original HRE's and then rebuild them? Even going no expense spared, they would have been cheaper.

Comment

My question is: Would it have been cheaper to buy original HRE's and then rebuild them? Even going no expense spared, they would have been cheaper.
                  probably not by much. redrills, new lips, barrels, refinishing, hardware

Comment

• Wtf else is he supposed to do? Wait years to buy them used? Wait for them to get knocked off an buy fakes? Source a set of faces and wait forever for Rotiform to rebuild them with ugly paper lips?

The car looks good and they are a nice set of wheels. Not your money, so why do you care? His price is reasonable imo.

Comment

probably not by much. redrills, new lips, barrels, refinishing, hardware
                      12K??? I never would have thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                        Wtf else is he supposed to do? Wait years to buy them used? Wait for them to get knocked off an buy fakes? Source a set of faces and wait forever for Rotiform to rebuild them with ugly paper lips?

The car looks good and they are a nice set of wheels. Not your money, so why do you care? His price is reasonable imo.
                        I guess it all depends on your intent. I guess my view is mildly bias, as I have a million other things I'd rather spend money and time on rather than just one car. Buy hey, that's just me.

I guess I'm a little bit more skewed than most, seeing as to how I worked at a machine shop for a number of years and worked on some wheels- the markup for labor is fucking insane.

Comment

12K??? I never would have thought.
                          used HRE wheels. 2500? same quality lips and barrels 4000? ARP hardware $5 each maybe? times 120. plus the refinish and redrill
                          Last edited by Average_Jerk; 12-17-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                            I guess it all depends on your intent. I guess my view is mildly bias, as I have a million other things I'd rather spend money and time on rather than just one car. Buy hey, that's just me.

I guess I'm a little bit more skewed than most, seeing as to how I worked at a machine shop for a number of years and worked on some wheels- the markup for labor is fucking insane.
                            all labor is expensive. I wont even touch a car unless Im making $100/hr

Comment

used HRE wheels. 2500? same quality lips and barrels 4000? ARP hardware $5 each maybe? times 120. plus the refinish and redrill
                              That's definately more than what he's asking, but only about half of what he paid new for them 10 months ago.

Comment

That's definately more than what he's asking, but only about half of what he paid new for them 10 months ago.
                                new wheels dont hold their value at all

Comment

Working...
                                X