This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also,

The guy that fucked me over on the supposed 'clean' XJ texted me yesterday saying he fixed on of the issues...I didn't even respond. Fucking cocksucker...

Here is the whole story on that.

So when I originally talked to the guy he said the frame was clean and there wasn't any issues. He even sent me some pics. I asked if it would be able to make the 6 hr drive to NY without any issue and he said yes.

So we get down there and right off the bat I notice the tires are shot. He said they were 50%. Literally a minute later my brother goes, dude come look at this. So I look under the right side of the jeep, right above the right rear axle housing, and there is a hole in the unibody frame rail about 2.5" wide and 8" long. Guy pulls out some scrap metal and was like, yeah, I've been meaning to fix that.

WTF dude.

So I keep looking it over anyways. Front rotors are shit, drums look like shit, front pinion seal is leaking, it needs tires, interior is a wreck, driveline angles are a nightmare, surpentine belt was dry rotted, exhaust was crusty as fuck and I guess that's about it.

I looked at they guy, told him good luck with selling, and we got in the truck and left.

I was pretty furious inside.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

Even PA is just as bad, NYS and their fucking obsession with salting gets old.
      I've been concentrating on southern PA as it seems it isn't as shitty down there. I have found some pretty clean stuff down there....Just out of my price range.

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
      Andy, If you can get a jeep that you want out here, I can help arrange shipping. Get in onto a truck and such. I could probably stash it at my place for a little bit too.
      I'm only looking to spend about 6-7k so I'm thinking that's not enough to include the cost of a vehicle and shipping to over here. I appreciate the offer though.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Andy that's where I am. Right next to the Delaware Md border. If you want me to go look at one let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
          I just put a reindeer kit on my car.
          I **** people like you.
          Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
          Andy, If you can get a jeep that you want out here, I can help arrange shipping. Get in onto a truck and such. I could probably stash it at my place for a little bit too.
          goodguyjlyons.jpg

Originally posted by andybob View Post
          Also,

The guy that fucked me over on the supposed 'clean' XJ texted me yesterday saying he fixed on of the issues...I didn't even respond. Fucking cocksucker...

Here is the whole story on that.

So when I originally talked to the guy he said the frame was clean and there wasn't any issues. He even sent me some pics. I asked if it would be able to make the 6 hr drive to NY without any issue and he said yes.

So we get down there and right off the bat I notice the tires are shot. He said they were 50%. Literally a minute later my brother goes, dude come look at this. So I look under the right side of the jeep, right above the right rear axle housing, and there is a hole in the unibody frame rail about 2.5" wide and 8" long. Guy pulls out some scrap metal and was like, yeah, I've been meaning to fix that.

WTF dude.

So I keep looking it over anyways. Front rotors are shit, drums look like shit, front pinion seal is leaking, it needs tires, interior is a wreck, driveline angles are a nightmare, surpentine belt was dry rotted, exhaust was crusty as fuck and I guess that's about it.

I looked at they guy, told him good luck with selling, and we got in the truck and left.

I was pretty furious inside.
          I'm surprised you didn't ask for a shit ton of photos before making the drive.

Buy seriously, that guy is a knuckle-dragging simpleton asshole. Why can't people just be fucking honest? It's like when you find someone who speaks and writes with good grammar and spelling, you're almost wary that it's a robot. And that's just sad.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
            I've been concentrating on southern PA as it seems it isn't as shitty down there. I have found some pretty clean stuff down there....Just out of my price range.
            You and I should just jump on a plane to SC and spend a week car hunting. I'll get my S13 coupe, and you'll get your Jeep. Then we'll race home and see who breaks down fewer times.
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Chris you are a fucking scrooge

Comment

Chris you are a fucking scrooge
                Fuck you, you fucking Audi driving asshole scumbag.

Kidding, I just enjoy giving you a hard time. But I really dislike the reindeer stuff that people put on their cars.

Comment

Andy that's where I am. Right next to the Delaware Md border. If you want me to go look at one let me know.
                  Damn. If I find anything down that way I will def let you know. Thanks man.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  You and I should just jump on a plane to SC and spend a week car hunting. I'll get my S13 coupe, and you'll get your Jeep. Then we'll race home and see who breaks down fewer times.
                  I have found some clean shit down in NC. I found an XJ with 60k original miles and the cleanest body and undercarriage I have ever seen. I almost sold one of my kidneys so I could get this thing but it was an auto. lol

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

I'm surprised you didn't ask for a shit ton of photos before making the drive.

Buy seriously, that guy is a knuckle-dragging simpleton asshole. Why can't people just be fucking honest? It's like when you find someone who speaks and writes with good grammar and spelling, you're almost wary that it's a robot. And that's just sad.
                  He sent me a ton of pics, but he managed to hide all the shit that was wrong with it.

I'm more than ok with buying a Jeep and doing basic stuff. Brakes, tires, basic tune up, etc...But if I have to do all that shit you'd better be honest with me up front and the price should reflect it. This guy wasn't going to budge on the price, so it was better to just leave and look for something else.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• That sucks Andy, lol chris
                    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Fuck you, you fucking Audi driving asshole scumbag.

Kidding, I just enjoy giving you a hard time. But I really dislike the reindeer stuff that people put on their cars.
                      If I get a Jeep before Christmas I am putting a wreath on the grill.

dealwithit.jpg

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                        I have found some clean shit down in NC. I found an XJ with 60k original miles and the cleanest body and undercarriage I have ever seen. I almost sold one of my kidneys so I could get this thing but it was an auto. lol

He sent me a ton of pics, but he managed to hide all the shit that was wrong with it.

I'm more than ok with buying a Jeep and doing basic stuff. Brakes, tires, basic tune up, etc...But if I have to do all that shit you'd better be honest with me up front and the price should reflect it. This guy wasn't going to budge on the price, so it was better to just leave and look for something else.
                        I'm serious, I would take a road trip for a car. Did it with a friend, we drove down to NJ and bought his old 240SX. Thankfully the trip home was uneventful.

He sounds like the typical scumbag. Honesty is a rare thing these days, what a fucking shame.
                        If I get a Jeep before Christmas I am putting a wreath on the grill.

dealwithit.jpg
                        You fucking guys.

I saw a van last year with christmas lights around the roof rack, they were powered on while they were driving down the highway. Still the coolest thing I've seen to date.

Comment

• Somebody needs a ricer tow hook and a stocking.

Comment

I'm serious, I would take a road trip for a car. Did it with a friend, we drove down to NJ and bought his old 240SX. Thankfully the trip home was uneventful.
                            I'd def love to do it sometime but I'd wanna save more money. If I can sell my wheels here soon and save up some more cash I might really consider it.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                              Somebody needs a ricer tow hook and a stocking.
                              Hanging one of them off of the stock tow hooks on my truck tonight. Brilliant.
                              I'd def love to do it sometime but I'd wanna save more money. If I can sell my wheels here soon and save up some more cash I might really consider it.
                              Your wheels are like a crack habit. I keep rethinking if I could afford them.

Comment

• Honestly I want to get a roof rack and a lighted wreathe on top.

Comment

Working...
                                X