Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yall remember that dude on here that built a house out of straw bales? where tf is that thread, is he still alive or did the the wolf huff and puff and blow that shit down

Comment

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
      Fuck you doing with 15’s on an e36, good lord.
      Over here being low af haha. Car is not the cleanest but it's definitely low haha. It's rusty as hell anyway so I figure might as well let it end life in a cool way.
      Attached Files
      2 328i e36's
      Saabaru linear 2.5na
      Various projects.
      sigpic
      Intro;
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
        i have a bucketlist wish not sure is realistic or more of a lazy fantasy, to build a house from the ground up

max efficiency, max durability and at lowest cost possible

just to see how well i could do
        That would be pretty legit actually, would follow thread.
        IG: @sebastienaudeon
        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
        *pats Sebs head*
        there there.
        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Bruh I think its time to front returned back to Earth

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
            still a noob in construction, but at this rate, i think it may happen at some point in my life.

there are some things men should do like they had to in the old days. we were wrong to forget traditional rites of passage.

i once struck up a conversation with an uncle, and asked him some prying questions about how he came up financially in his life. he didnt tell me any life altering information, but one thing I will never forget is when at some point in the conversation, he looked me dead in the eyes, and said:

"every man must plant a tree in his lifetime."

he went on to explain the significance, something about roots, and the beauty of a magnificent tree that will outlive the man himself, but that stuck with me. every man must plant a tree.

I will plant a tree someday specifically in honor of him telling me that, but I also want to build a house. it will be my version of his tree.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
              +1. My dad planted an apple tree, fiddle heads, raspberries and blueberries at our house, so "if anything happens you can always find something to eat"
              2 328i e36's
              Saabaru linear 2.5na
              Various projects.
              sigpic
              Intro;

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                +1. My dad planted an apple tree, fiddle heads, raspberries and blueberries at our house, so "if anything happens you can always find something to eat"
                thats a doomsday dad

Comment

• He was pretty prepared for whatever happened. He is a smart guy, I'll give him that.
                  2 328i e36's
                  Saabaru linear 2.5na
                  Various projects.
                  sigpic
                  Intro;

Comment

• Well if every man must plant a tree then I'm fucked. I haven't settled down since I left home for college. Longest I've stayed at any single address has been...2 years. I don't see that changing any time soon.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                      Over here being low af haha. Car is not the cleanest but it's definitely low haha. It's rusty as hell anyway so I figure might as well let it end life in a cool way.
                      YN8oZd6.jpg

I remember when I was low.

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                        Well if every man must plant a tree then I'm fucked. I haven't settled down since I left home for college. Longest I've stayed at any single address has been...2 years. I don't see that changing any time soon.
                        Here's where you goofed. Should have planted one every place you lived, that way you could always have one to come back too.
                        2 328i e36's
                        Saabaru linear 2.5na
                        Various projects.
                        sigpic
                        Intro;

Comment

• Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]19602[/ATTACH]

I remember when I was low.
                          I have a theory that I'm pretty much as low as that just I'm on 15'x10's and they look funny on camera. I want to meet up with a car that's low on 17's to compare.
                          2 328i e36's
                          Saabaru linear 2.5na
                          Various projects.
                          sigpic
                          Intro;

Comment

• Yikes, what is going on in here.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Well if every man must plant a tree then I'm fucked. I haven't settled down since I left home for college. Longest I've stayed at any single address has been...2 years. I don't see that changing any time soon.
                              nomad

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                              Yikes, what is going on in here.
                              shitshow. whats your disfunction?

Comment

oh yeah thinking about this further, i have another observation. it is not directed at you, but what you said makes me think of this.

moving around is cool, spontaneous, and refreshing, but i think it is inefficient and expensive. let me elaborate. who are the richest families? the richest families are the ones with "old money". how is old money made? it is made after being in one place for long enough to buy land when the market is low, and sell when the market is high, repeatedly, until you have amassed great wealth. this takes time, connections, and very good familiarity of the local area. this can only be done by living in that place for long enough. every time you move, you start all over, with whatever pros and cons your new location has to offer. this is a gamble usually, but regardless of that, the move will always cost you and set you back. you have to find a new place, buy furniture and other necessities to help you make the new place feel like "home". by the time you get comfortable, its likely time to move again. and on and on and on.

granted, this is the old way. the new way of amassing great wealth is to invent a thriving technology, app, or business, and flip that. which honestly works for the ever-moving nomad. moving around keeps you meeting new people, so your social network grows, and your customer base spreads. those new people give you more hits to your content online, raising your presence, marketing you better and faster with every new person you meet.

not to mention bitches "love to travel" and the hottest possible thing you can tell a girl, is that you've lived in 14 countries in the last 2 years

Comment

Working...
                                X