This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    Agreed, more aggressive than 500 grit can cause some pretty deep gouges. I usually start on 800 truthfully.

It took me a year because I had absolutely no motivation to work on them at all after starting the first. When I actually did get around to finishing the job, it took me all of 8 hours to finish the other 3.
    I meant the other way around. 500 is usually the finest grit that I use. Occasionally 800 if I'm feeling fancy.

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    u guys use a drill and a foam ball for polish right?

what compounds u recommend?
    I use an angle grinder and a big denim disk with rouge then polish it out with some mothers shit.
    Last edited by aLaFleur; 06-23-2014, 12:57 PM.
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
      Ah, those look awesome man. Weird though, I don't see why the corrosion isn't coming out, they're not even terribly bad, it's just like little bits of pitting that I cant get out
      More coarse less pussy meat.

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        I meant the other way around. %00 is usually the finest grit that I use. Occasionally 800 if I'm feeling fancy.

I use an angle grinder and a big denim disk with rouge then polish it out with some mothers shit.
        I was wondering what you were doing with your daisy dukes

Comment

• Is that the new hipster thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
            u guys use a drill and a foam ball for polish right?

what compounds u recommend?
            Those foam ball things are pieces of shit from what I've seen. Not "tough" enough to withstand harsh polishing.

I use different cloth buffing wheels, Mother's mag polish, and hand glaze for final buff.
            Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
            I meant the other way around. 500 is usually the finest grit that I use. Occasionally 800 if I'm feeling fancy.

Seriously?

I go all the way down to 2000 grit and wetsand with a lot of my wheels. Anything courser than 800 grit leaves the scratches and gouges. Then again, all of the paintwork I do requires 1500 grit minimum.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Is that the new hipster thing?
              if you haven't heard of it, then yes

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
              Those foam ball things are pieces of shit from what I've seen. Not "tough" enough to withstand harsh polishing.

I use different cloth buffing wheels, Mother's mag polish, and hand glaze for final buff.

Seriously?

I go all the way down to 2000 grit and wetsand with a lot of my wheels. Anything courser than 800 grit leaves the scratches and gouges. Then again, all of the paintwork I do requires 1500 grit minimum.
              do you get your cloth wheels online or at a store? I'm gonna need to polish my wheels pretty soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                Seriously?

Yea, some guy at a car show told me o try it once upon a time and I've never looked back. Always comes out flawless.

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post

do you get your cloth wheels online or at a store? I'm gonna need to polish my wheels pretty soon...
                Typical.

I buy mine offline. I'll have to look up the website for you.

Comment

Yea, some guy at a car show told me o try it once upon a time and I've never looked back. Always comes out flawless.

Typical.

I buy mine offline. I'll have to look up the website for you.
                  thnxxx

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post

Little of both. I got a bunch of them at a local hardware store when I saw them on sale, then I ordered a set from Amazon a little while ago with good success. I can't recall the brand, but they weren't anything special. Just throw them on a corded drill arbor, plug it in, and let it eat.
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• 1500 grit finish after one pass with Mother's.

Comment

• so many things to buy this week

Comment

• I need a fucking real job.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Thought you had a job

Comment

• dang, cuz needs a jawb
                              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator View Post