This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
    Why not? just get the case inserts and go.
    Just have to find someone willing to do it. Everywhere I've gone are like "there is no point, just upgrade"
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
      Just have to find someone willing to do it. Everywhere I've gone are like "there is no point, just upgrade"
      What about that funky shop on the pacific coast highway? Forgot the name though.

Comment

• Seb, called a buddy that pointed me to brothers VW Machine in Ontario. Got bored and called them and they'll do case savers for a couple hundred if you bring them a block. It was like 175 for the job I think.

Comment

• I actually just got off the phone to a place in Silverlake, they're willing to do it as well as install a ton of other stuff for me as well.

If I can get it all done for less than 4k I will be over the fucking moon.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

• I mean, even if it is less than 5k to get the 911 feeling like a good time again, I am well and truly going to pull the trigger.
            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
            there there.

Comment

I mean, even if it is less than 5k to get the 911 feeling like a good time again, I am well and truly going to pull the trigger.
              Yeah, it's not like you're throwing money into a worthless pit.

Comment

• It's a car, always going to be worthless ahaha but nah, I understand what you mean.

It's kind of crazy too, Jennifer is actually on board with spending some cash on the 911 too. I just want it to be running properly by October, that's it. That's all that really matters to me right now, don't care if the tires are too big and all that shit, I just want to be able to pack it up and take it to Napa.
                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                there there.

Comment

It's a car, always going to be worthless ahaha but nah, I understand what you mean.

It's kind of crazy too, Jennifer is actually on board with spending some cash on the 911 too. I just want it to be running properly by October, that's it. That's all that really matters to me right now, don't care if the tires are too big and all that shit, I just want to be able to pack it up and take it to Napa.

I know, my wife is hounding me about when the Z gets put into the shop.

Comment

I know, my wife is hounding me about when the Z gets put into the shop.
                    Gotta get the Z sorted, what's on the list?!
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

Gotta get the Z sorted, what's on the list?!
                      Kind of a mild restoration. It needs paint and seals, i'm throwing in Corvette seats, then some S13 coilovers and a set of carbs. Nothing fancy and i've got 10k to do it, I just need to stop screwing around with other projects.

Also, I have to try and get my wheels to fit.

Comment

• i need to drive an old 911 and see what all the damn fuss is about

Comment

Kind of a mild restoration. It needs paint and seals, i'm throwing in Corvette seats, then some S13 coilovers and a set of carbs. Nothing fancy and i've got 10k to do it, I just need to stop screwing around with other projects.

Also, I have to try and get my wheels to fit.
                          That's not a bad list at all. I feel the need to stop screwing around with other projects too. Now that our app is in a good state, the 911 is on top of my priority list of projects to finish.

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                          i need to drive an old 911 and see what all the damn fuss is about
                          I mean, mine isn't the greatest example, but it isn't about the fuss or anything like that. The 911 has been my ultimate since day one. Thanks Grandpa!
                          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

That's not a bad list at all. I feel the need to stop screwing around with other projects too. Now that our app is in a good state, the 911 is on top of my priority list of projects to finish.

I mean, mine isn't the greatest example, but it isn't about the fuss or anything like that. The 911 has been my ultimate since day one. Thanks Grandpa!
                            thats why i sold everything. i knew if i had a motorcycle, other cars, or crap, i would never get the rx7 done.

well i still want to drive one. i need to see if the experience is natural, or if it is only cool after you've been hyped up to believe its cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                              thats why i sold everything. i knew if i had a motorcycle, other cars, or crap, i would never get the rx7 done.

well i still want to drive one. i need to see if the experience is natural, or if it is only cool after you've been hyped up to believe its cool.
                              Sometimes the hype gets you. That's why I bought the Subaru. Then I realized it was trash.

Comment

Sometimes the hype gets you. That's why I bought the Subaru. Then I realized it was trash.
                                truth, homie

also why i cant wait/fear the moment i drive the rx7 for the first time. i've created such an expectation in my mind of what it should be, i will be insanely pissed if it does not deliver

i cannot stand hype that is not backed by actual value

Comment

Working...
                                X