Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a call from the alginment shop....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a call from the alginment shop....

I just got off the phone with the manager of the shop I dropped my car off with this morning for a new tire and an alignment. The conversation went a little something like this:

Manager: Jackson your car is too low.
    Me: I know, that's the point.
    Manager: We can't get it up the small incline that leads to the alignment rack! We got your front tire put back on, but when we were backing it out, your front bumper ripped off.
    Me: Yeah it was already fugged up.
    Manager: Well, I guess you can come pick it up, but I don't know what you are going to do about the alignment.
    Me: Oh well, it still drives straight.

I was LMAO after everything he said, I loved it. He was chuckling too by the end of the conversation. It was awesome.

Pics?

Comment

coming soon. I don't have any good ones right now.

Comment

Haha, that is pretty funny. They probably shit a brick when your bumper ripped off.

Comment

I had something similar happen to me when I went to emissions. I couldn't get my oilpan over the mechanics in the middle of the rolling road. I had to drive all the way around and back in.

The manager said... "You'll have to fix how low it is"

I said... "Nothing's broken"

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post

Ryan

Comment

^ thats priceless

Comment

I had something similar happen to me when I went to emissions. I couldn't get my oilpan over the mechanics in the middle of the rolling road. I had to drive all the way around and back in.

here in md, when its that low, you just get a waiver......

and thats why i love coilovers.
                gooby pls

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                  Haha, that is pretty funny. They probably shit a brick when your bumper ripped off.
                  Yeah the manager sounded a little nervous when he told me that.

Thats awesome! :

Comment

pics..

Comment

Reminds me of when I was trying to get my first ride height setting Tüv-approved.
                      They had this big brake test thingie at the front of the line. So I was crawling uber slowly over that thing and when my tires entered the test rolls, the car was so stuck, we had to lift the front end with 4 people to get it out again.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

i would have demanded a new bumper, rofl
                        -Jason
                        http://project-a3.blogspot.com

Comment

Well played everyone.

My only experience with anything like that is with my e28. It broke down, and I told AAA to bring a flat bed, and that the car was low.

Driver came up, saw the car, and then refused to pick it up because of its height, threw a temper tantrum, and then left me there.

It was snowing, for what its worth.

I gave AAA a mouth full.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                            Well played everyone.

My only experience with anything like that is with my e28. It broke down, and I told AAA to bring a flat bed, and that the car was low.

Driver came up, saw the car, and then refused to pick it up because of its height, threw a temper tantrum, and then left me there.

It was snowing, for what its worth.

I gave AAA a mouth full.
                            Unebelievable. What a pussy
                            Originally posted by da3bous
                            I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by Presns3 View Post
                              i would have demanded a new bumper, rofl
                              If he wasn't an old friend of my dads, I probably would have bargained for more!

I still havent gotten any recent pics, but here's an old crappy one just to show the height. I'll try to get better ones soon.

2.75" to the frame rail. I can't go lower until I roll the fenders or buy different tires. The already catch the fenders when I hit certain bumps.

10mm spacers have been added all around since this pic was taken. Its a work in progress.
                              Last edited by JSanders; 07-07-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X