Rim Fitment Simulator ! with pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim Fitment Simulator ! with pictures

So I have been on an ever so long quest for info regarding a certain rim fitment to my car. Nothing new there. Got tired from searching and made a rim simulator.

The rim in question is a 19x9,5 ET40 and whether it will fit my '03 a6 avant without poke. The lowering will be in the areas of Eibach Pro or maybe Sport.
    I can't have poke because of the laws here, and I am tired from getting pulled over.
    And do mind the car is raised on my widow maker (jack) so it does lean over away from the rim simulator. Meaning, I think, the fender will come over even a little more.

Onwards :

Now, let me just say that this is cut to spec! 19" tall and 9,5" wide. Also 40mm off centre for the ET40. I can not see any problems making this wheel fit,
    even got room for some rubber! Is it just this piece of (what ever it is called) that I need to look out for? As I said, I can not see any other contact points, other than tire vs. outer fender ofc.

WTF is this Audi? You call that a caliper?! ..anyways this is the rear.

Thank you for your time, if you have any input please contribute below!

Lol, props for ingenuity. Did you make it exactly 19x9.5? Because those measurements are where the tire sits, not the overall dimensions of the wheel. A 19x9.5's outer dimensions would be about 20.5" tall and 10.5" wide.

Comment

^that, is pretty much what i was about to ask.

its a great way t visualise clearances, much like the templates you can print out when buying big brake kits that check clearances inside wheels

Comment

Awesome idea. JUST LOVELY

Comment

Hah ! very well pointed out guys, totally forgot that the rim has a bigger overall width and height.. Thanks for pointing that out ! Always thought there were something off, just couldn't put my finger on it. Also I did not factor in the thickness of the material.. damn. Will try to lower the ET and see if I just barely can make it. But I have my doubts about keeping it inside the fender now.. It just seemed too easy

Thanks a bunch!
          Last edited by -Sammy; 04-06-2013, 03:41 AM. Reason: being a newb

Comment

If you do 19x8.5 ET 35 rear and ET 45 in the front it should sit pretty nice and flush. You could run 225/40 tires on it too if you don't want crazy stretch, or 235 if you want little to no stretch. Love the template, I did something similar. Tried to work out everything on paper, it was actually a great approximation on how they ended up sitting on the car, I just forgot to adjust for the front being slightly narrower haha.

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

i tend to look at rimtuck.com but i like ur take on this problem
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk View Post
                If you do 19x8.5 ET 35 rear and ET 45 in the front it should sit pretty nice and flush. You could run 225/40 tires on it too if you don't want crazy stretch, or 235 if you want little to no stretch. Love the template, I did something similar. Tried to work out everything on paper, it was actually a great approximation on how they ended up sitting on the car, I just forgot to adjust for the front being slightly narrower haha.
                It seems like I will do 8,5" yup. But she will still be beautiful I'll check out those ET's Thanks alot Tomahawk!! Yea there's always something I miss as well, just hoping to get this as right as possible due to long and expensive shipping US. to northern Europe.

P78: Sure will take a look at that site, and thanks mate!

Comment

Audi suspension fucking blows haha
                  I dislike Byron.

Comment

nifty!
                    Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

Working...
                    X