decided to try my hand at photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Belvader View Post
    aight, thanks man! and i know i use too many photos but i am thinning the masses down alot before i post them haha i get on average 100 or so photo's from each location i go, then i narrow it down to the best 20 or less
    This is typical for pretty much everyone. I average 200 or something more photos every time I go to shoot anything. But that's a good thing to practice, always make sure you get the best exposure and composition you can.
    Keenan
    Flickr!
    Instagram

Comment

If you're serious about photography, don't use your iPhone5. Yes, the iPhone's quality is good, but you can't adjust shutter speed, ISO, aperture etc. those things are key.
      BMW E38
      That White Evo
      -SOLD
      instagram @kbuss
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by K.Stockdale View Post
        This is typical for pretty much everyone. I average 200 or something more photos every time I go to shoot anything. But that's a good thing to practice, always make sure you get the best exposure and composition you can.
        i will try more next time i go out to shoot... hopefully tomorrow, i might not be able to just because work but if not, pictures it is !

Comment

Originally posted by kbuss View Post
          If you're serious about photography, don't use your iPhone5. Yes, the iPhone's quality is good, but you can't adjust shutter speed, ISO, aperture etc. those things are key.
          i will, i will, trust me i'm saving up for one now but with my little income and trying to build a vehicle also there's not much money going into the camera fund. and i'm not exactly sure what camera i want yet... i'm open to all suggestions preferably $150-$300

Comment

i found the perfect camera for me. the canon powershot SX500 IS . it fits my price range and it has enough to it that i think it'll do the job. because i'm not doing photography for a living , i'm doing it for the hell of it and wanting to learn a new trait but still open to options

Comment

Damn, go for it!

That has more than 3x the megapixels mine has hahaha.

I've been looking into the fuji HS10 for around the same price range.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Nice man lol, and it's still gonna be a little while before I get it because I only have $127 in that fund right now but i will eventually get it...... Eventually haha

Comment

you need to work on your composition of the photos. Not just post processing but the actual pictures. You need to remember you're taking pictures of a truck, not the trees in the background or the street. Location isn't just about oh this area looks cool, you also have to think about it as, okay this looks like it will help accentuate my truck, or this persons car but the main focus always needs to be the car. In some of your pictures, your focusing to much on everything around the car. For example, if your trying to get different angles like the one you posted recently at that large building...why take a picture of the headlight and bumper area and have 80 percent background. Youre not showing anything. Picture would have looked better with the whole front end, showing maybe the front wheel to show your wheels and ride height. Also try to stay away from grass shots and pictures from far away. Not everyone has the eye right away, but you will get there.
                  Originally posted by Oh, Word?
                  You guys realize every time you mention his car being lower than a bagged car his penis grows one inch in girth.

Comment

thank you, i know the pictures nor my angles are no where near the best but i'm working at it. and with the front end shots, i did actually think of what your talking about with the wheel and the hole front end in shot when i was taking that particular shot but as of right now my truck is so high it would just mess up the picture

Comment

this is my favorite photo so far.

Practice makes perfect man, keep it up!

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

haha i was thinking the same thing actually , either that one or http://imgur.com/PCrkbLN is my favorite. but hopefully when i get down to this new location this weekend i'll take a new favorite

Comment

branching out of my comfort zone with some filterless non-automotive shots

i like what i got, alot but it's not everyday that i'm gonna go to the beach nor go to semi truck shows in the mountains lol

Comment

on a larger note took one pretty good one of my dads truck

now back to the beach and mountain pics

this is my favorite pic from the beach trip

and some more mountains

Comment

haven't gotten any feed back on the non automotive pictures... do you guys think they turned out alright? i think they look good but then again don't know much about that style photography. thoughts? concerns? ideas?

Comment

The last two are the best.

The problem with using your phone is the lack of manual settings. In some of the pictures the phone made the ISO too high and the exposure too short.

Your creativity is there, but it's time to move on to a camera.

I feel that you have reached the limit of where you need something to let you grow your skills on. SLR's and DSLR's are like cars, when the time comes you can upgrade them with different parts. A phone is like an electric car, good for transportation, not good for fun.

P.S. your dad has a badass truck hahahaha

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                                X